Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RCooke
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear's 2.5.0 app update broke push notifications on my iPhone X running iOS 11.3.1. I would like to report this bug. I hope the app will be patched ASAP.

269 REPLIES 269
smoke1313
Initiate
Initiate

NETGEAR,

How about an update???  You have many pissed off customers.  If there is a delay in the new firmware or you had to go back to the drawing board, just let us know.  Quit ignoring the ones that keep your pockets lined.  I'd rather be informed of a delay to make things right than to be ignored.  Your customer deserve better than this and you know it.  So shameful.  😞

bonbon5000
Star
Star

You are so right!!! 

Netgear - are you serious? its 2018.... did anyone did any risk analysis and possible impact on company business and choose to ignore the customers???? 

TO admit on issues/bugs is ok!!! all companies have bugs! that's fine, it happens. but ignoring the customers it is unforgettable.... 

Elynch
Guide
Guide
@DawnM
The silence is losing customers.
I have advised my father to return his system of 3 cameras he recently purchased. I told him to go and buy a solid, proven, reliable security camera system.
I would advise ANYONE to stay away from NETGEAR after all this.

Customers want and deserve information good, bad, or indifferent.

Next step- get ahold of consumer affairs.

I suggested information ASAP.

Rob198690
Star
Star
I think at this stage Netgear needs to start allowing returns no matter if your system is. a week old or 6 months old. They obviously have no idea what they are doing and are knowingly selling a product that is not fit for purpose. I will be contacting consumer affairs in Australia and I would not be surprised to see people start taking further action against Netgear for this joke of a security product.
johnnagrrl
Aspirant
Aspirant

So now, not only are my notifications not working, and the battery is draining faster, its now saying that my system is offline constantly.  I restart the base, I have even rebooted my router as well and it works for an hour or 2 and then goes offline again. WTH?

Gururaj
Aspirant
Aspirant
At least 4 in 10 push notifications I used to get but that also stopped now.., and my battery is also draining fast it’s only 3 months I fixed camera for security purposes... this is too much they r just ignoring us instead of solving issue...
Nothappy1234567
Guide
Guide
Notifications are not working on iPhone. Happened in May when arlo provided update. Now arlo can’t fix it, someone help! It’s been 5 days & im getting no where with Netgear Support!
waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

It's been longer than that for a lot of us.  Just depends on when you got the newest update.

This is a joke at this point.  Netgear has either abandonded this product line, is experiencing some sort of internal implosion in either talent or management or both, or simply just doesn't give a **bleep**.

Nothappy1234567
Guide
Guide
Sorry to hear, I only updated recently like you said.

It is a joke, o am receiving BS replies from their support team. It is very frustrating!
Retired_Member
Not applicable

OMG - I just got the 2.5.1 update on iPhone App Store in Denmark.

Hope this does it 🙂 🙂

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

Yep, available in US store as well.

HG_SIMON
Tutor
Tutor
How's it working Thomas ???
I just saw update in my iOS too here in the states !
I'm sorta scared to update , don't want it worse lol
I will update here shortly though
Elynch
Guide
Guide
Can someone (who is brave enough) post their post update experience on here please? Thank you!
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I did the update and actually got a notification right away - but lets see the next 3-4 hours...

HockeyMike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just downloaded the USA update 2.5.1, waiting to see if improved.  

App release date from settings->About is dated May 18th. I can't believe it took 5 days to get the app approved by Apple?

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

I did a few tests on all cameras and every one succeeded (push notification issue).  So, so far so good.  I wont' be convinced though until I see it consistently work over the course of at least a full day.

I haven't tested any of the other issues, and there's no release notes specifically to say what has been fixed as far as I an see.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download on the iOS app store that should address this issue. Please make sure to download the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with receiving push notifications.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.1 - 23rd May 2018

JamesC

ysu
Luminary
Luminary

Got 2.5.1. I'm not home now so I need to wait for a natural motion to happen and see. Also, it might take some time for eveyrone to confirm it's working, because with 2.5.0, it seemed to be intermittent for some users.

I also noticed that 2.5.1 fixed the camera name in the player view (was showing S/N). Wasn't a big issue but good to see improvements.

While we are waiting to test push, can netgear respond to the other 2 issues people are complaining:

- Camera battery drain much faster since 5/14 update

- Schedule mode has multiple weirdness

Thanks!

Shuler24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to be working for me...for now.  Maybe I ncan ver noticed this before, but since I was testing things out, can you not be logged into two devices at the same time?  My wife’s phone was not getting notifications but mine was so I restarted the base station, but noticed it logged me out of my phone when I logged into hers.  Honestly maybe that’s how it has always been?  Just skeptical of everything with my Arlos right now.  

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
Mine is still not sending notifications. All settings are on for push notifications
Shuler24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did have to reset the base station, try that if you haven’t already.

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
Thank you. That worked!
ysu
Luminary
Luminary
Yes it’s a known limitation that one login will kick out another.

A workaround is that I and my wife have different login accounts. Then I invite her and grant her persmission to be family member. That would avoid such conflict.

And two accounts can both receive notification (without the recent bug) and can participate geofencing (so I can arm the system when both of us leave home). Pretty good results.
kmao
Initiate
Initiate

App 2.5.1 DID NOT fix the issue on iPhone 6s.  Reinstalled the app, rebooted the base multiple times.  Still doesn't work.

Eviledna39
Tutor
Tutor
Any news on the big fix ? I have to reset my push notifications to get them to work but then it’s intermittent.