Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RCooke
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear's 2.5.0 app update broke push notifications on my iPhone X running iOS 11.3.1. I would like to report this bug. I hope the app will be patched ASAP.

269 REPLIES 269
bonbon5000
Star
Star

I fully agree!!!

Even larger companies from time to time face severe issues , and call the customers for recall and annocuing the probelm for the benefit of all. 

and yes they also stop selling of new products. 

Netgear!!!! Shame on you!!!

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

DawnM, a community manager, posted this in another similar thread:

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience! We have an updated iOS app awaiting approval with Apple for release to the App Store. In the past we've seen that this approval process can take anywhere between a couple hours to a couple of days. We will update you here as soon as we see the approval come through for the 2.5.1 updated app. This version should resolve the push notification and PTT issues. We are still actively working on the issues with modes and will keep you updated with progress.

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-app-update-push-notifications-and-schedule-not-workin...

bonbon5000
Star
Star

And what about Andorid??? 

And the mode problem? 

Did you forgot to QA it? or you thought that your cusotmers will do the QA (testing) for you??? 

Its critical bugs, severe and very easy to reproduce? 

Please update us all on your quality assurance process - something has to be changed!!!

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

To be fair, this thread is discussing IOS push notifications.  As far as I'm aware, Android isn't having this isuse.

Caspers
Guide
Guide
As of today I went from intermittent push notifications and being able to view archived videos to not getting any push notifications nor is it recording videos. It went from bad to worse.
holzwarth32
Guide
Guide

ARLO I'm currently using your camera system and yes I own an apple (IOS) device.  I'm experiencing multiple issues with my ARLO cameras and at looking at the "community feed" I see that I'm not alone.  Just so everyone knows, ARLO has repeatly had issues with their updates in the past and you would think ARLO would try to rectify these types of issues given their track record of multiple failed attempts in regards to updates.  Saying Apple is at fault or you are currently waiting on Apple to provide a new App is unacceptable.  You should have already had these types of issues resolved before pushing this sub-par product (update) out to the customer.  ARLO your creditability is quickly deteriorating and I'm sure I am not the only upset customer.  This issue has been going on for over a week now!  Food for thought = Fix yourselves!    

chapsterman
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have (4 total camaras) 2 arlo pro, and 2 arlo pro 2 cameras. With a iPhone 6plus, and iPhone 7 Plus. Both 11.3.1 update. And we have trouble receiving notifications. When triggered. Thay work sometimes but then thay don’t. Ever since the last update it’s completely garbage. just go back to the old update it was working fine. Love arlo and I know you guys well fix it but this is making you guys look bad.
ysu
Luminary
Luminary
I also noticed faster battery drain since update (I think that day had both app and firmware update). All my cameras dropped 30%+ batteries in about a week. Usually it takes 1-2 months to drain that much. Anyone else noticing it?
waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

It's hard to quantify, but I want to say that yes, the batteries seem to have drained significantly more in the last few weeks than normal.  Usually I charge my camera's every 1-2 months, but one of my fully charged cameras has gone from 100% to 32% in the last 2 weeks.

Elynch
Guide
Guide
My first charge lasted 5 months!
I charged the battery completely 3 weeks ago and I’m down to 40% battery left!
How did I go from having 5 months life to a few weeks!
From yesterday to today my battery dropped 10%!! @DawnM how can this be?!
Is this being addressed?
GTunney
Apprentice
Apprentice
There is definitely and issue with battery life as well. Normally a full charge would last me almost 3 months. I charged 3 weeks ago and I’m down to 35%.
MikeWett
Initiate
Initiate

Push notifications on my Iphone 6s have stopped for about a week. All settings are on but nothing comes thru. I accidentally had the whole sysytem active while I was home last night and have over 300 videos of myself but not one notification.

ysu
Luminary
Luminary

To keep this thread relevant to the push notification issue, I created a new thread for battery drain:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-pro-battery-drain-issue-since-5-14-update/m-p/1575645...

Gururaj
Aspirant
Aspirant
But no is reacting about the issue and trying to solve ... really arlo agents are irresponsible..,
bib668m
Initiate
Initiate

Push notification is not working for over a week! Batteries also drain too quickly.

Fix those bugs ASAP! Please

Ajturton1985
Apprentice
Apprentice
Dear incompetent Netgear people

Recordings with no audio are back!

Yes, RECORDINGS WITH NO AUDIO ARE BACK. you know, that bug that happened 9 months ago, took you 6 months to fix? Yes, you’ve screwed it up.

Sort your software out, you are an embarrassment.

Anyone reading this thinking of buying the Arlo, DO NOT BUY ARLO
Gotya1
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same issue, since updating app cameras are recording normally but app isn’t notifying me.
I use default armed setting and a custom setting, both are having this issue.
cledawg1
Guide
Guide

Not helpful but just adding that I have been having the same issue since the update.  It's been frustrating me because it works periodically so when it starts working after I've tinkered with it I think that I've "solved it."  I've tried everything that everyone else has tried, reset/resynced cameras, reset base station, turned off/on notifications both in Arlo app and on iPhone X push notifications setting, uninstalled/reinstall app.  And then I decided to research it this morning and see that others are having the same issue.  I am relieved to know that it's not an issue with me because I invested $ in this product only about a month ago and was considering returning it.  Before this issue, I loved it.  Maybe the company should update again by rolling back to the previous version until they figure this out.

cledawg1
Guide
Guide

Agree...battery is draining faster too.

HockeyMike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Notifications on my Iphone stopped for over a week. All settings have been checked, and nothing seems to fix it.

It's been almost 2 weeks to fix this issue! Come on Netgear!

Macey-ky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dawn:

I appreciate that time is of the essence in getting this fix into the user's hands.  I am certainly impatient myself to start getting regular notifications again.  That said, I hope this fix was thoroughly tested (apparently unlike 2.5.0) so that by fixing two issues you don't cause any new problems.  I anxiously await word that 2.5.1 is available.

Thanks,

Macey-ky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dawn:

I appreciate that time is of the essence in getting this fix into the user's hands.  I am certainly impatient myself to start getting regular notifications again.  That said, I hope this fix was thoroughly tested (apparently unlike 2.5.0) so that by fixing two issues you don't cause any new problems.  I anxiously await word that 2.5.1 is available.

Model: VMB4000 Arlo Pro Base.  It is not listed as one of the choices.

Thanks,

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

I'm actually skeptical that 2.5.1 was actually submitted to apple for release.  Based on previous comments, apple should have approved it by now (90% of apps approved within 48 hours).  And that's not considering that they should have submitted this as an expedited request due to a critical bug.

So, from the fact that there has really been no "official" announcements and only some anecdotal comments from 'community managers', I'm going to assume that this was a stalling tactic and nothing more and the software is still being worked on/tested and apple will be blamed for delays.

B19MONE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had same problems as well.

My push notifications are now working (crossing fingers)  after I removed cameras from device, restarted base station then add cameras back.  I did all this on the the arlo app 2.5.0 on my iphone 7 with ios 11.3.1

Hope this helps.

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

The problem is intermittent.  This is a known issue with the 2.5.0 release.  Your problem is not fixed, sorry to say, it just may temporarily appear that way.