Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RCooke
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear's 2.5.0 app update broke push notifications on my iPhone X running iOS 11.3.1. I would like to report this bug. I hope the app will be patched ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download on the iOS app store that should address this issue. Please make sure to download the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with receiving push notifications.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.1 - 23rd May 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

269 REPLIES 269
LgMg526
Guide
Guide

Wanted to report a bug. We updated our app to the latest version 2.5.0 app and we’re not getting push notifications on iOS 11.3.1. We’ve uninstalled the app and we still don’t get notifications. Is anybody else having this issue? 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Greetings @LgMg526 ,  @RCooke, and Arlo Community,

We are looking into this reported issue. Are both of you using an iOS X device?  Can you also confirm if this is for all cameras or just a certain model? I have an iOS X and will attempt to replicate this issue as well.  Is anyone experiencing this issue on Android?

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention! I'll be back in touch shortly with results of my testing.

Kind Regards,

Christine 

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
LgMg526
Guide
Guide

We have 1 Arlo Pro camera.  We’re not getting notifications on our IPad 5th generation and IPad Air.  We are getting notifications on our android devices.  We also noticed that when you play back the videos you see the serial number of the camera and not the camera name.  I believe some other people have noticed that and mention that on the Twitter feed.  Thank you for all your help in getting this fixed.  We appreciate all you guys do behind the scenes. 

LgMg526
Guide
Guide

Since writing the last post.  We are now getting notifications. 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello @LgMg526,

I am very glad to hear push notifications are now working for you. Can you confirm if you did anything special to kick the push notifications into gear?  I wasn't getting notifications either so I unchecked push notification and then clicked Save. I re-enabled push notifications and click Save.  I then force quit the app for good measure. 

Side Note: Force quitting the app on iOS X is not as easy as just swiping the app away. For more information please visit How to force close apps on iPhone X).

Let me take a quick look at the library content showing the serial number instead of the camera name. I'll be back shortly with my findings.

Back in touch soon! 

Christine 

____
LgMg526
Guide
Guide

I did the same thing that you did and the notifications worked for about 10 min. They are not coming through once again. 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Ok, thanks @LgMg526

Let me take this feedback to Engineering. 

Kind Regards,

Christine 

____
LgMg526
Guide
Guide

Thank you for working on this, 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello @LgMg526,

My library images are showing the camera names as expected. Would you mind posting a screenshot here so I can ensure I understand the nature of the issue? This will also assist me in demonstrating the issue to our engineering team(s).

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to work with me on this! 

Best,

Christine

____
CJPSurf
Guide
Guide
Since updating to version 2.5.0 from the App Store, push notifications are no longer working. Did a base station reset and logged in and out of Arlo app and it still doesn't work.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@CJPSurf thank you for taking the time to post on the community! We have had a handful of users report this issue and are trying to narrow down the specifics as it doesn't seem to be a widespread occurence. Can you confirm:

iOS device: (so far we've only seen it for iPhone X users)

Do you have/use a schedule(s) in modes? 

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Dawn Marshall

Community Manager, Arlo

CJPSurf
Guide
Guide
I have the 6s. Believe it or not 10 minutes after my posting I walked outside and all my cameras seem to be working with the push notifications now. Tested all of them all multiple times and the push notification on each of them seems to be working now. Not sure what the issue was but hopefully it will stay resolved. Thanks for getting back to me so quick.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I'm glad to hear that it is working as expected now. If you experience anymore issues with it, feel free to reply to this thread!

TC_007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here! After Update noch more Notifications under IOS (iphone X).

Before Update no Problems!

ndc66
Tutor
Tutor
Since the app update on iOS, my iPhone 6 periodically receives the camera noticifications. I have reset the base station, checked the app & iPhone notifications, all are ok as required. I even deleted the app & reinstalled it. Still no good. Before the update I used to receive every notification from the cameras. Now I’m lucky to receive 1 in 10. Anyone else having the same problem with an iPhone 6?
ndc66
Tutor
Tutor
Also too, I have the same time schedule set everyday for my Arlo Pro 5 camera system
ndc66
Tutor
Tutor
Since the app update on iOS, my iPhone 6 periodically receives the camera noticifications. I have reset the base station, checked the app & iPhone notifications, all are ok as required. I even deleted the app & reinstalled it. Still no good. Before the update I used to receive every notification from the cameras. Now I’m lucky to receive 1 in 10. Anyone else having the same problem with an iPhone 6?
I also have set times with schedule & some of those are now missing on my Arlo Pro 5 camera system,
wannabacat
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not getting notifications either on my iPhone 8 since the update this morning.

My husband's phone doesn't automatically do updates so he is still getting notifications from our system.

LgMg526
Guide
Guide

We’re not getting notifications either. 

crgolden
Initiate
Initiate

We are not receiving notifictions either on the updated app on Iphone (it is working on our Samsung).

Also, we noticed that the Schedule Mode is still set, but the time is not accurate. It is about 2 hours earlier than our time - for instance, at 6 am the schedule showed it was 4 am and that was messing up our scheduled armed/disarmed times.

CJPSurf
Guide
Guide

Well that was short lived.  This morning push notifications not working again.  Works fine on my wifes phone with the older 2.4.9 version.  Seems to be a problem with the new update.

Kbaustin77
Aspirant
Aspirant
I updated my arlo app yesterday. I am no longer receiving push notifications on my iPhone 8. I have reset base station. Logged in and out of app as well as delete and reinstall.
SFC123
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem. Works randomly. IOS 11.3.1 iPhone 7 plus.

tsalagi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem with iPhone 6S and newest update. I found that if I go to Mode, then tap the edit icon on the mode I[m using, and then tap the edit icon for each camera, turn the Push Notification off, then right back on (toggle it off then on), hit done/save, I started to receive the notifications. Not a permanent fix though, as without warning the problem came back later in the day. Repeated the steps above and it started working again. Just a temporary work around.