Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Wme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue with brightness control, (unable to adjust to my requirements and staying there)

When using the old arlo app, I was able to adjust picture brightness to my requirements, and it would stay there, since the new arlo app appeared on my iPad  I’m unable to adjust brightness levels on the screen display itself, have to go to video settings, adjust then revert back to screen. When going back to check levels are as i set they keep reverting back to 50%, i used to run the brightness at 65%.

I only really need to do this on one camera which during daylight hours is quite a dark area, IR not an issue at night but require better lighting during daylight times.

12 REPLIES 12
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Wme,

Have you tried to force close the app and re-open it to see if you're able to adjust the brightness level? Otherwise, try to reinstall the app and see if that helps.

Wme
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica.

Thanks for your response.

Yes have tried what you mentioned,even reinstalling app.

Still no success in brightness adjustment, thought the brightness adjustments could be in increments EG 25-50-75 & 100%

Tried all 4 settings and in between and still the brightness go’s back to 50% 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tried it on Android and it's working/saving fine.  Restart the base. If needed, remove the camera and resync. ANy better?

Wme
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. @jguerdat

Have restarted base, still unable to adjust brightness to my settings, always returning to 50%. have also reinstalled app and same issue. Will re synch cameras when  I next need to recharge batteries. Will see if this resolves issue.

Will let community know if this resolves issue.

Thanks.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

On Android app, sometimes just force stopping or reloading the app is not sufficient to clear problems. Try force stop, clear cache, clear data, uninstall (uninstall on phone not Play Store). Then reload the app. This seems especially true if you have Oreo OS. Have no clue if you have iPhone.

Fatguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did anyone find a resolve to this as I have the same issue on my samsung app it only goes up 25,50,75,100 and on my apple app it goes to 50% and i can adjust to whatever level I want and wont stay when exit it goes back to 50% mine is only a few days old so still have time to return if needed as also having problems with night vision be dark and grainy
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Try going to the web interface and setting the camera(s) to best video first. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two things:

1) The brightness only adjust in gross amounts as you noted (25, 50, 75, etc.). I don't have iOS so can't comment on that app but both the web and Android app automatically save the setting when changing it. BTW, on the web, you change brightness from live view, not in the camera settings.

2) For dark and grainy nighttime videos, adjusting brightness probably isn't the best way to improve the view since then it may blow out the daytime views. It would probably be better to add external lighting (normal or IR spotlights) and/or reposition the camera closer to the area of interest so the built-in IR illuminators, which only can project out maybe 20 feet, do a better job of lighting the scene. I use an Arlo light to bolster the view of my driveway and have it set so that either device (light or camera) will trigger the other.

ShawnIr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any support or resolution for this yet? This is getting ridiculous. Tried everything mentioned here and still revert's back to 50% on Apple iOS
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @ShawnIr,

Try what JoeCymru suggest and see if that helps. Try to reinstall the app if you are having problems. 

ShawnIr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Not sure why, but my iPhone would not update the app. After deleting and reinstalling the third time, it finally worked.
I don't like how the increments are present now.
Davext
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed it by when clicking on the brightness button and the  green level at the side shows , slide the aguster over to the  green  level  without lifting of and slide up  hopes this helps