Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base offline after firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BGPunggol
Guide
Guide
The latest firmware update is causing the App to crash. Signal indication was poor even if the camera is placed in front of the base station. While on wifi, it takes at least 5 mins and a couple of killing the app to get online with the base station. This is if you have Android Pie but on other versions, you'll have "getting status" for both Device and Mode. What's becoming of Arlo? Why break a perfectly fine firmware to row back to May 2018 when these errors were reported and fix? And how long would it take this time to get it going again? I had reset my base, remove the devices and resync the camera but the issues persisted, so its nothing to do with hardware. I hope you people really test thoroughly before releasing anything else it not only causes inconvenience but you will suffer reputation lost. Any suggestions to arm and disarm my devices offline?
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're having issues few, if any, are experiencing, especially in total. I have Android Pie and Oreo with no issues using the latest app and firmware.

It's possible that you have a hardware issue but you have to open a case with support to use your warranty. A user forum can't help.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx