Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Big Brother - Armed while home?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Club1820
Star
Star

So I have a "Big Brother" question for everyone.  I just picked up a 3 camera system and plan on having two outside (Front & Back of house) and one inside (most likely the living room).   The living room camera will point at the front entrance and towards the back of the house.   This way, if anyone gets by the outside cams,  they will be seen when entereing the dining room/living room either from the back of the house or the front entrance.

Anyway, my question is really regardin the in-house camera and how everyone is using their in-house cameras.  Are they armed while the Adults are home?  My wife brought the Big Brother issue up as soon as I emailed her the first pic of her recorded this morning while getting ready to go to work.  Told her to relax as I was just testing it out. But she does have a point.  I did plan on having the indoor one disarmed while I was home (geofencing) but perhaps I should also have her added to geofencing. 

What is everyone doing rearding having the cameras armed while the Adults are home?  I plan on having them armed while my son (14) is home alone (rarely) and when being babysat.

Thanks to all in advance.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The easiest thing would be to use geofencing. Use the Modem tab, select your base and check out GF. You'll need to use the app to do this since it has to be a mobile device to activate the mode. There are FAQs here to read to under better but just putzing around will give you some familiarity.