Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Best video (image quality vs. battery life settings bar not working)

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jai814
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone.  I have found the settings bar where you can increase image quality and/or increase battery life.  It was on "Optimized" but it won't let me drag the bar either way.  How can I make this work?

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On a phone ? ..try on a computer at  https://arlo.netgear.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Jai814
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, not on a phone.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

then try a simple reboot of the base unit with the on/off button... takes about 2 mins to fully come back online ( depends on # of cameras )

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's not really a drag. It's a 3 position thing, not infinitely variable.
Jai814
Aspirant
Aspirant

I never used or implied the words "infinitely variable" nor does your response help me in any way. I was simply describing it so there was no ambiguity as to what I was referring to.  Seeing as though I said it does not work, I would have no clue about it's three settings you speak of.  This is exactly why I am posting to try and gain access to. While I appreciate you taking your time to reply, please stay on the posted subject matter.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Others have tried to drag the slider as I described with no success.  Dragging it to one of the three positions worked for them.  I was right on topic.

I just tested this myself and found it to work properly.  On a computer, I clicked on the slider and held the button while sliding to another position.  The slider moved and positioned itself as expected.

Try a different browser.

Jai814
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, NOW you are on topic.  I am 27 years old, and have been using computers since I was at least 8 years old.  I am quite aware of how the function SHOULD work, and it does not.  I have tried IE as well as Chrome.  Have not yet tried base reboot like another has suggested.  Of course yours works; you are not the one with it being problematic.  Thanks but no thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And I'm 67 and have been using, building, modifying and managing computers since before you were born.  I'm a retired systems administrator and IT manager who knows a few things myself.

Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. There are multiple options to use.

Jai814
Aspirant
Aspirant

2017-07-12.png 

Jai814
Aspirant
Aspirant

NOW you're being helpful.  

Richsshed
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you never figured it out, I have to click on the green tab and drag it to either side.