Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery issues with Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Corgan56
Follower
Follower

Well I have agree with all of you. I have just set mine up and now day 3 I have a battery that does not charge, 1 that lost 50% charge in less than 24 hrs placed in basement ( lowest traffic area in house old Arlo set batteries lasted months down there)
Have the customers Service lady tells me to turn the camera off and call back tomorrow. This will apparently will tell them if the battery is faulty. If I shut the powers off I would hope it stops the draining of the battery. So now I am down to 1 camera. As when I opened the box It was short 1 battery.
I agree when you buy up to a new set it should be better than this.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It might be worth swapping the system at the store.

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Sounds like you may have gotten a return item.

Regarding the battery drain, it could be that the camera is having trouble communicating with the base unit. You may have to tweak the location of either the camera or base unit a bit. Just because one camera worked in that location does not mean the new one will.

I would just return the system for an exchange at the place of purchase.
glmccready
Guide
Guide

‎ FYI. Arlo chat...when I finally got through... Hasselle E: “There are cases that the camera keeps on going offline because the battery is defective.” Unfortunetly  for me my return period was up, and they refused to honor the warranty.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The warranty is for 1 year. Who isn't honoring the warranty? Netgear will through an open case.

glmccready
Guide
Guide

I bought it NEW on Ebay, and which say it is not an "Authorized dealer"...no kidding, even after admiting it was battery problems. I'll write them a letter, but after that Small Claims.