Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is base station defective? Offline but all lights green

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nik765
Guide
Guide

I have an Arlo pro and the base station is hooked up to a WiFi extender.

All the lights are solid green on the base station and the extender. The signal strength is excellent.

When I checked it at night, I got a status offline and Arlo unavailable on the screen of the app. The camera still recorded a motion video, which I saw 30 minutes later, when the base station was online again. Is it a defective unit?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Were all 3 LEDs green when the system was reported as offline or did you check at a different time? If it happens again and all LEDs are green, log out and back in and also try a computer browser to see if it's a display issue.

Nik765
Guide
Guide

I set it up around 11 pm and all lights were green.

I checked it around 4 am and all lights were green.

When I tried checking the camera on a tablet with the Arlo Android app, the screen in the app had the offline message.

The camera still recorded motion as I tried to walk in front of it.

The camera is outdoors.

I also got the Arlo is unavailable try again message.

The other time it happened was during the day, shortly after turning it on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I will occasionally get an offline message but it usually clears when I log out and back in. Other than that, I have no explanation.

Nik765
Guide
Guide

This time when it happened, the middle internet light was flickering and I could not sign in. Although the wifi extender lights were all green and I had an excellent signal on the tablet, I could not surf the web either.

I will have to try to connect on a desktop computer and see if it works there next time.

Even when I turned the base station off and the extender off, I still could not surf anywhere on the tablet.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a localized problem, either within your network or the ISP's. Try turning off your modem, router and base. Turn them back on in that order, allowing each to initialize before moving to the next. Any luck?