Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery discharging while plugged in

Discussion stats
  • 52 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Arlo ultra plugged in , battery will charge to 100%. If left plugged in battery will discharge down to zero and go offline. At the time that it's discharging battery level in the app still says 100% it will keep saying 100% until finally it goes completely offline down to 0%. all this happening while plugged in. Yes I am using an Arlo charger and an Arlo wire. This whole process of discharging down to zero takes less than 24 hours. Yes I have refreshed the app cleared my cache. Like I said the whole time it is discharging the battery states that it's at 100%.
I've also tried restarting the base station. Unplugging base station for a minute and plugging it back in. Uninstall the camera reinstall the camera. Nothing helps

52 REPLIES 52
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I've seen this problem before. I have also had this problem. And I believe it has to do with their firmware updates
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jcamp

Are you using Arlo OEM branded power adapter and cables?

Thanks

arlo_rg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, now I am using an Arlo OEM adapter and cable. But I did test my camera with an aftermarket adapter and cable and it worked. In my case it was certainly a faulty cable. The spring in one of contacts had gone bad.