Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rebok
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro Battery will not charge. Model VMC4030.

I bought the 3 pack camera at Costco. They worked great for 6 months, but now I get the following message when trying to charge the batteries:The charging source connected to the camera cannot charge your battery. Please use an Arlo power adapter. 

I am using the Arlo Power adapter and cable. I have tried to charge all 3 cameras. I have removed the batteries and reinstalled. I have tried it with the one extra battery that comes with the set. One camera is inside only, so there are no moisture issues.  I have restarted the base several times. I've been through the support links and the community boards. Nothing has worked.

Got on the Arlo support page. Their chat symbol just spins. There is no email listed. There is no phone number to call.  

So am I stuck returning this to Costco? Or buy a new charger and hope that helps? Can't get in touch with Arlo, so not getting any help there.  Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's also phone options besides chat.

You can buy extra Arlo chargers or use a quality charger that has both 5v and 9v outputs such as those that come with Samsung (and other) phones.

Rebok
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update:  Arlo chat not working.  Phone number was not visible in the Safari browser. Tried Firefox and there was a phone number. Chat looked like it was available in Firefox, but when I proceeded, I got a message that chat was not availalbe.

Called the 408-638-3750 support number.  Took a while on hold, but issue resolved after an hour and fifteen minutes.  

The tech support agent was very good and thorough. We went through a number of steps like removing the battery and then plugging in the cable to the camera and checking to see if it would work. It did work, but as soon as I put the battery back in, I got the same error message.  We tried 2 cameras, 2 batteries and 2 different outlets.  He said it was a faulty charger and a new one is on its way.  Should be here in 3-5 business days.