Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fegli
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro is 5 months old.  The battery reads 1% in yellow on the app.  It isn’t green or shown charging even when it’s plugged in.  When it’s unplugged it doesn’t go to zero and I’ve tried all day to run the battery down.  I have taken the battery out, and unplugged many times and it doesn’t change.  I am using the cord and charger that came with the unit.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fegli
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you everyone.  I contacted chat support and was sent a replacement charger and cord and now it works perfectly. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you got another Arlo Pro or Pro 2 camera you can swap batteries with? Where are you looking that shows yellow or green battery levels? Can you post a screenshot?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

<p>Reboot the base. If still no good, try this:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do</p>

Fegli
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is an arlo pro ( not a 2). I only have one camera so I can’t swap batteries.  Here is a screen shot.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any of the Pro series are equivalent as far as batteries are equivalent.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

As jguerdat suggested, try restarting your base first. If it doesn't work, I'm suspecting a battery fault. At 5 months old, you should be able to get a warranty exchange if you can verify the battery is faulty

Fegli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I unplugged base unit, waited 20 minutes, replugged. Now the 1% is off but won’t sync...blinks yellowmon camera.  Icon on app is now a plug.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A slow amber blink on the camera means the battery is dead. Did you try the link I posted above? If you see the plug icon on the app for the camera it's already synced or you wouldn't be able to see that.

Fegli
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you everyone.  I contacted chat support and was sent a replacement charger and cord and now it works perfectly.