Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Charging

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
rjyokum
Follower
Follower

It makes NO SENSE that when you buy an additional battery (or more) for your Arlo Pro it comes with an AC adaptor, a USB cable.  Yet, THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CHARGE THE BATTERY IS WITH YOUR CAMERA UNLESS YOU BUY A CHARGING PORT.  OK...so why are we paying for an AC adaptor and a USB cable with the additonal battery?  Why isn't the charging hardware included? OR Why doesn't the battery have the charging port and circutry? UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rjyokum,

At this time, the Arlo Pro battery can only be recharged in the camera or the Arlo Pro charging station Arlo Pro Charging Station (VMA4400C)

We appreciate the feedback on the contents of additional rechargeable batteries. I will pass this feedback along to product management.

Thank you,

JamesC

arcorl
Aspirant
Aspirant

That charging station isn't available.

ysu
Luminary
Luminary

HAHAHAHA! I was thinking about exactly the same.

At first I was like: oh great, I can buy an additional battery, so whenever one camera runs out of power, I just swap it, zero down time, as long as I don't have two cameras running out of battery at the same time. Then I can charge the empty battery and get it ready for next swap.

Except that you can't charge the empty battery without using one of the cameras! So you can't get zero down time!

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am proud to report I successfully charged my first two batteries in my official Arlo Pro 2-battery charger last night!! Yes, they are out and available now. They are going fast, so you have to move fast when they come into stock. It would appear spare batteries are flying off the shelves now, since the release of the two-battery charger, as well. Ah, now just waiting on the release of the solar panels! 

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

arcorl: The two-battery chargers have now been released and are available at a few larger stores, such as Best Buy and Frys. You will need spare batteries to charge, but having two fresh batteries available is a very good thing! Take care and thanks!

Schwab1
Guide
Guide

Good luck trying to actually get them. I have been trying fo rmonths now and when I try now, they all say backordered unless you can pick them up in California.

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Happiness is standing in front of my new battery charger and enjoying the yellow glow of two batteries charging simulataneously! The chargers are out there, but you need to put in an order soon. The batteries are being sold faster now too, due to the release of the chargers. 

Arlo Pro Charger