Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batterie ARLO PRO

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
alixvincent
Guide
Guide

The battery on my Arlo Pro used to last up to 3 months. The unit is now 1 year and 6 months old. I am lucky to get 2 weeks out of battery now. I have changed nothing such as location of camera or base station or recording settings. Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may just be the last round of FW and not the battery.... seeing similar of 2 of 12 cams but can't narrow it down to why

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Dakmd
Guide
Guide

I too had this problem. Prior to June batteries lasted 4 or 5 months, while monitoring cottage. This includes frequent checks and motion detector alarms. Since June all 5 cameras need charging within a week despite unarmed state as cottage is occupied. Spoke to tech support yesterday. I was instructed to call internet provider - in this case Bell to connect Arlo to non overlapping connection (WiFi channel 1,6 or11).  I followed their advice and the tech at Bell knew what I was talking about and switched to channel 11. I am now to monitor the situation. Should it continue I was informed that a new base station will be required. From my observation of this forum this is a widespread problem and not unique for a few users. Netgear must understand that this glitch if not solved in a timely and non-costly way represents an existential threat to their existence. Negative reviews such as one finds on Amazon will sink their product or company faster than the Titanic. Do you hear me Netgear?

alixvincent
Guide
Guide

Hello and thanks for our reply.

I am not sure what my ISP can do for me since they have no control over my Wi-Fi since i dont use an ISP provided router. Also the Arlo Pro cameras connect to the base via Netgear proprietary wi-fi (i think). The arlo base is connected to my router via ethernet. Please post your experience after the change your ISP made. Thanks.

Dakmd
Guide
Guide
My base station is Ethernet connected to Bell Modem. Bell changed the wifi setting to a “less congested setting “. Very fast and no hesitancy on Bells part. I quoted Arlo support recommendation and they did it quickly. Will let community know results. .
Skridsko
Star
Star

I experience the same problem after the all the other very severe bugs theis spring/summer. I have two base stations with 5 cams. One PRO camera is ok after a base station restart...the other PROs are still draining quickly.

Base A (1.10.0.8_22190):

- 1 x PRO 2 (1.125.11.0_21156) - battery works ok

- 3 x PRO (1.092.0.16_21159) - drains quickly

Base B (1.10.0.8_22190):

- 1 x PRO (1.092.0.16_21159) - battery works ok