Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base unit USB ports

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rrks91
Follower
Follower
Can you use Arlo and Arlo Pro Base units together so you can keep the cameras separated on each base?
2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@rrks91

I am not quite sure that I understand your question as the title of your post seems to be different from your question.

I have a mixture of cameras on two base stations so if I understan you correctlly the answer is Yes.

The USB ports on the original HD base unit serve no purpose. The USB ports on the Pro base station are there to insert Flash Drives for backup storage.

You cannot connect the base units together using the USB ports.

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

rrks91 wrote:
Can you use Arlo and Arlo Pro Base units together so you can keep the cameras separated on each base?

Yes. Your options are

1. Both kits on one account as long as you have 5 or less cameras in total. Each base station allows its own Mode to be set and thus the cameras attached to the base station can be set to function separately. The downside being cameras on different base stations can't trigger each other and if you want a 6th camera, you'll need to upgrade your subscription.
2. Each kit has it's own account and you grant access from one account to your main account. You can have control over both base stations but you'd need to log into the 2ndary account to set up the modes and rules etc. Potentially you could use up to 10 cameras and still remain on the basic (free) plan with 7 days of storage