Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tloft
Follower
Follower
Do the cameras connect directly to the base station or do they connect via WiFi and then to the base station? I ask because I would like to add a camera on to a tree, but I am worried it will be too far from the base station. We have a google wifi mesh network and could add another wifi point to the house. Or do I need to get another base station? And if you get another base station, can they be connected together?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras use a dedicated WiFi connection to the base - your home WiFi has nothing to do with it. Try moving an exisiting camera to the new location to see if it has enough signal to work well.  If so, just get an extra camera. Otherwise, get a single camera  system with a base station. You can also try repositioning the existing base to a more central location to allow all cameras to connect well.  The camera(s) connected to one base won't be usable in modes with the other but all devices will show up in your app/browser.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras use a dedicated WiFi connection to the base - your home WiFi has nothing to do with it. Try moving an exisiting camera to the new location to see if it has enough signal to work well.  If so, just get an extra camera. Otherwise, get a single camera  system with a base station. You can also try repositioning the existing base to a more central location to allow all cameras to connect well.  The camera(s) connected to one base won't be usable in modes with the other but all devices will show up in your app/browser.