Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pakhvan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased a used Arlington vmb4030 with 6 cameras from an eBay store. Once I followed the start up manual all lights were on. Power was green, Internet was green and occasionally flashing, camera was solid amber. After downloading the app I attempted to do the base station discovery many time with zero luck. I did a base station reset and attempted 4 more time's with no luck. I gave up after some research as it may be that this system is still connected to someone else's account. I them attempted to sync the cameras to the base and had the same results. Any help would be great. Not sure how to discover / connect this system if it's still connected to the previous owner.
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the base went online without your discovery, it is prob on some one elses account.

But, not much can be done unless the prev owner removes it or you can get Arlo to delete the base from the system (hard to do as they have no proof it wasn't stolen )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Pakhvan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh lord. I will have to give them a call to see if this can be fixed. Glad I bought it through ebay with a protection plan.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try holding the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber and let it reboot to green power and Internet LEDs are lit. Try to claim the base again.

Pakhvan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've done that but will try again.