Base station offline

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ABell-Aust
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras appeared offline yesterday. I thought it was the internet, it was not. I unplugged it, plugged it into a different socket. It's ticking but there are no lights. Tried the reset button, no change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like either the power supply or base is the problem. Use a voltmeter to measure the voltage at the connector of the power supply - I believe it should be 12 volts DC. If that's ok, then the base has died.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like either the power supply or base is the problem. Use a voltmeter to measure the voltage at the connector of the power supply - I believe it should be 12 volts DC. If that's ok, then the base has died.

ABell-Aust
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Guru

Definitely thinking it's the base that's completely died. Considering when I tried plugging it into a different socket at home, it still shows no signs of life. Is there a reason that this would've happened? I didn't have a black out at home, nor was the outlet overloaded.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ABell-Aust wrote:

Definitely thinking it's the base that's completely died. Considering when I tried plugging it into a different socket at home, it still shows no signs of life.

@jguerdat is saying that it might be just the power adapter (which can be replaced with a third-party one) - though you need to be careful to get one that is compatible.

ABell-Aust
Aspirant
Aspirant

You're a genius. I never thought to try a different cable!

Plugged in an equivalent and all lights fired off and went green.

Thank you soo much 🙂

dspathania
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station shows solid green light but app is unbale to detect it. anyone have any advice please? My device is PRO 2

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which base do you have? Look on the tag on the bottom for VMBxxxx. 

Is this a new install or an existing one? If the latter, have you deleted the base in Settings, My Devices? Have you tried a reset by holding the base reset button for >10 seconds until the LED(s) start flashing amber?