Battery Life

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Yumi94
Aspirant
Aspirant

My secondary camera has a terrible battery life. The primary lasts weeks on one charge, but the secondary lasts maybe two days. I called customer service and they said the only way to solve it was to purchase a one-time plan that was $150. Is this true or is there another way to solve my issue? 

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Yumi94 wrote:

I called customer service and they said the only way to solve it was to purchase a one-time plan that was $150. 

Sounds like you reached a scam site.

Yumi94
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m glad I didn’t purchase anything though 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As for the original issue, swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location that's the issue.

corneileous
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Yumi94 wrote:

My secondary camera has a terrible battery life. The primary lasts weeks on one charge, but the secondary lasts maybe two days. I called customer service and they said the only way to solve it was to purchase a one-time plan that was $150. Is this true or is there another way to solve my issue? 

You may just have to get you a solar panel charger, thats what I had to do. My Arlo Essentals XL has great battery life but my Arlo Pro 2's were having to be charged every couple of weeks too, due to how I have them setup which uses them quite frequently. They pretty much stay at 100% now. 

Yumi94
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems to be a location issue. However, the camera that is in that location is closest to my internet router. What could be the cause of it dying so quickly? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Distance isn't the only issue - things like 2.4GHz interference and house construction all get into this. Stucco, brick and stone exterior walls all cause signal degradation as well as objects in or on the walls in the straight line path between router or hub and your camera. Moving the camera or router/hub even a small amount may be useful but you may also have to consider other more extreme movements to be more useful. A WiFi extender near your camera (since it's connected directly to your WiFi - this won't help if connected to a hub) could be a solution since it would provide a stronger signal, even if the house construction is blocking the signal.

ANything that causes the signal to be interfered with - strength and/or interference - causes the camera to have to try harder to maintain a connection, reducing battery life.

Yumi94
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, I will move the camera and see if that helps. Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it.