Can not view daughters camera after being invited to view

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chrissy778
Follower
Follower

I was emailed invitation to view camera and it keeps saying it has times out even though she just sent it and I opened it with in minutes. I already have my own account and cameras . 

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're having an issue with seeing shared devices it's likely because one or more of the accounts has a mismatched UI version (even if the app version is the same). Start by making sure to download the latest version of the Arlo Secure app on both devices, then follow these instructions:

Both accounts (primary and shared) must see the "dashboards" feature for cameras to be visible. If an account does not see dashboards, we need to use the following method to force migration on that account so that it receives the UI update. In your case, it sounds like your primary account does not have the updated UI, as any new accounts you make (when sharing) will automatically receive the latest UI.

You will need to tap "Add new device", select "Arlo Home Security System" and you should be prompted to migrate to the new UI. After you receive verification that you've successfully migrated your account, you can then leave the Arlo Home Security System onboarding flow and then you should be able to share devices with the friend account.

After sharing devices, the shared account can tap the location dropdown at the top middle of the app screen and select the shared location.

JamesC