Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station offline - reset not working

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
davidek
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

Since a few days, my Arlo Pro base station is offline. In the app, for all my cameras (5 of them) it says "Your Arlo base station is offline". All three LEDs were solid green. So following the earlier advice on this forum, I did a reset of the basis. Now the first two LEDs are solid green, and the third one is amber. I was then expecting to be able to do a "New System Setup" in the app, but this option is not available. How can I set up my arlo system again ?

Thank you for your answer.

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

When the camera LED is amber, it means you haven't "claimed" your base station. Go into the app and delete any cameras that are there. Then click "Add Device" and ensure you add the base station first. Then go through the camera sync'ing process

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the exact same issue!!

I am sick to death of these pieces of JUNK!!!

I am fuming at Netgear and these ridiculous "security" ca,eras. These are the worst purchase I have ever made.

Appart from all the ongoing problems with Arlo Pro and schedule not working etc. I am now facing another night without any security on my home.

My Arlo Pro base station shows as offline (both in Andriod App and Web Browser).

It was working fine earlier, but now shows as offline, exactly the same as Davidek.

All three LEDs on the base station are green, the base station has a local IP and can be "pinged", noone has touched anything, the base station has not been moved, changed or anything.

Now its not working!!! OFFLINE!!!!

I wish Netgear would sort their $%^T out. This is a joke. I now have no security for my home another night now.

I have Arlo Q which is online, I have original Arlo Base station which is online but the Arlo Pro Base station is offline.

I have checked cables, reconnected, turned off, rebooted etc... but nothing is working.

It just shows 3 green LEDs and appears to be functioning but isnt and shows offline.

I presume this is just another massive F$%^ up by Netgear and a problem at their end or another bodged firmeware update which has bricked our devices.

I have 3 cameras now unable to protect my home because of the pro base station not working, so could be burgled tonight and would have no CCTV.

What have Netgear done??

I would return these pieces of junk but am unable to now as Maplin in the UK (the store they were purchased from) have gone out of business so I am stuck with these pieces of crap.

I do not want to reset the base station as it seems that does not help and can only presume this is some error on NEtgears system at their end (AGAIN!!!)

So very sick of this!!

davidek
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

Thank you. The LED on the camera was not amber, nor did I "unclaim" the base station from the camera.

Having tried everything, I ended up resetting the base station and re-syncing all of my 6 camera's with it.

Is there a way for me to find out exactly what went wrong ? It has been working fine for 8 months, and suddenly the base station went offline. Is Netgear aware of such an issue ?

Thanks,

David

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the update David. Looks like that's what I am going to have to do too. Was hoping not to have to reset everything over again as it involves climbing up ladders and retrieving cameras etc to resync which is a pain in the backside.

Will try a full reset when I get home this evening as I am currently at work at the moment WITHOUT ANY CCTV SECURITY ON MY HOME I might add.

Thanks once again Netgear for a failed Arlo system.

Wish I had never bought any Arlo products, they are too unreliable and problematic. Would sell them if I could but wouldn't want to burden someone else with these pieces of junk! Its not fair.
NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just removed and reset all my cameras and base station then readded them again and now they show as online thankfully so that problem is now sorted.

I just now need to wait for Netgear to fix the schedule problem with the Arlo Pro base station then it is all back to working again but it has been broken and not working for months now so don't expect that to happen any time soon.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What problems are you having with scheduling? I run two base stations on schedules and both work fine

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's a known issue many of us are facing. Basically when the schedule is set its just not working. When it should be armed its not, or when its in a certain mode it just isn't, or its in a different mode or sometimes not actually in any mode at all.

Example, last night I had to manually arm my pro base station (as schedule isn't working) so I set it in a certain mode. However this morning when I checked the system it wasn't in any mode at all. Not armed, not disarmed, just nothing. There was no wording next to the mode in the app, it was just a blank space. So basically it is useless as a security system and doesn't work.

Please see here for details, there are many of us with this issue and its been like this now for months:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-PRO-Schedule-Mode-not-working/m-p/1593940#M39693