Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mark0525
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station goes off line a lot and isn't connected.  I have to reset the base and it works for awhile but then goes offline. We don't have the best wifi speed but it's the best we can get iwhere we live.

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

mark0525 wrote:

My base station goes off line a lot and isn't connected.  I have to reset the base and it works for awhile but then goes offline. We don't have the best wifi speed but it's the best we can get iwhere we live.

Ok...First,  is it the base or the service dropping out...do you have a device online that contacts you if service drops?

Generally, if you have 1mb up or more, the speed isn't much of the problem for staying online.

If not, then the answer is the LEDS on the front of the base...the second from left is the internet light...do you see this go amber at times OR does the base just go off line ( non-responsive to app commands ) It makes a difference.

If you see the internet light going amber, the problem may be up-stream.  If green but offline it could be the base, program, app, device you use to access.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mark0525
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried again just now and I get the message that " your device seems to be off line" and "Basestation is disconnected."

The lights are all green on the base. The only way I know that this is happenening is when I go live with the cameras.

Another issue I have is with one of my cameras it's in black and white.

Thanks for your help.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Mark...

The base isn't going offline from the internet if the led is green... more like un responsive to command/ controls.

what is your data speed ( run a test like http://www.speedtest.net/ )

Also, what device are you using to view... can you try another device or browser like Firefox if on PC

mark0525
Aspirant
Aspirant

The download speed is 20.46 and upload is 1.04.  I'm using it sometimes on my Iphone and sometime on my computer

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Many times, it's as simple as a browser and I find the PC to be easier to trouble shoot before moving to an external device.

The IOS acts a bit diff at times too

Try Fire Fox if able... seen many black screens from flash trouble and a diff browswer seems to fix same ( FF seems imo to work best )

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Upload btw, is just above minimum, so try and limit other heavy internet usage during testing.

mark0525
Aspirant
Aspirant

switched browser reset station and still can't connect same with trying on phone

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You said you reset the base .. a full reset or reboot via the power button?

The only thing I got left is two ideas....

First, try a reboot of the base via the power button, let it come back online , test

Second, a full factory reset...hold in the reset on the base for about ten secs till the front LEDs flash amber... you will have to resync the cameras again as if new. tst

If this trouble continues after, I would think a call to Netgear support... it's possible something is wrong with the base, not sure.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Are you using WiFi or cell service? Try both.