Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Troubleshooting Pro Camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mclaincm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed the Arlo Pro system with two cameras. During the install the system uploaded updates to both (I think) cameras and base. Both cameras record good on daytime light in color. But on nighttime, one works with black/and white videos that show the entire room contents clearly (20-25 ft). The second senses motion, audio and turns on the IR LEDs, but the video is black unless I am within 2 ft of the camera. I get a full length black video with audio, but cannot see any thing unless I put my hand directly in the center of the camera. Then all that is recorded in my hand...

Ideas please. How do I reload the firmware for the cameras? Base?

The one working correctly is very nice, but I may have a bad camera...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mclaincm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have reset the camera, deleted it and reinstalled it. 

I let it operate throughout the day and into the night (24 hrs)

Retested it and the daytime video, which was always good, remained good.

The faulty nightime video seems to be correct now. And motion activated night light is good enough to see 20 plus feet now.

Maybe it just needed a full day/night cycle to set the video white balance or sensitivity.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

not to be funny, but did you remove the plastic on the front of the one camera  ( its been done before )

If you did... take that camera and open battery door to reset..

go to settings and for that camera use remove device ( reset settings to default )

bring back as new by re-syncing  and test

If it continues, contact Netgear support.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Mclaincm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I have removed the battery and let the camera set for a few minutes. Removed the device from the basestation. Installed the battery again and the device was added pretty much automatically. The daytime video have been good and still is. But I have to wait for night to retry the night vision again after the reset.

Could there be issues with windows or other lights?

Will get back later. Thanks

Mclaincm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have reset the camera, deleted it and reinstalled it. 

I let it operate throughout the day and into the night (24 hrs)

Retested it and the daytime video, which was always good, remained good.

The faulty nightime video seems to be correct now. And motion activated night light is good enough to see 20 plus feet now.

Maybe it just needed a full day/night cycle to set the video white balance or sensitivity.

Thanks for the help.