Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Shcook
Tutor
Tutor

Yesterday, my base station (VMB400043) disappeared from the app so my cameras (3 Arlo Pro models) were appearing offline. The cameras that record on motion detected by my spotlights (connected to a Bridge, not the base) continued to record based on those triggers, though, and new videos are saved to the library. I can access those videos through the app but without the base station in the app I can't start a live view or make any changes. If I select the Mode button in the app the app immediately crashes.  I tried power cycling the base station which did not resolve the issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but that did not resolve the issue.  I moved the base station to a different ethernet jack in the house but that did not resolve the issue.  I could not remove individual cameras since they were showing as offline so I factory reset the base station and added the cameras again.  This worked for about 90 minutes then the base station disappeared from the app again.  Even when the base station disappears from the app, all three lights on the base station are still green indicating it has power, is connected to the internet, and is connected to the cameras.  I'm not sure what else to troubleshoot and I don't want to buy a replacement base without knowing if that's really the problem or not.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

A fix for this issue has been implemented. This will allow users to safely use the device order feature without resulting in any issues.

For users that are experiencing their base station no longer being visible within the Arlo mobile app or web client, you will need to re-onboard the base station by tapping "Add New Device" select Base Station/Hub and follow the on screen instructions.

If the base station cannot be found, follow the reset instructions linked here and then attempt onboarding again: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

This topic has been escalated to the development team and these reports are currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as more information becomes available.

JamesC

47 REPLIES 47
balbori
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did reset a base and adeded cameras twice. It was fine for 90 min and then the camera stopped recording.

balbori
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did reset a base and added cameras twice. It was fine for 90 min and then the camera stopped recording.

Dk_northwest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for this. I did a hard reset and reordered and when it stopped working just about lost my mind. Did it again without reordering the cameras and so far so good 

Philipiter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just started a chat session with Arlo Support for this problem and they said they are investigating this as an ongoing issue. They did not provide any additional troubleshooting steps or work arounds but said they would post more information as soon as they figure out what's going on.

fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice

This also seems to be working for me. I just did the third factory reset of the base station in two days, added the base station, cameras, doorbell and chime back in in the order I want them to appear within the app and everything still appears to be working 30 mins later. I haven't touched the order of the devices, I've only added back in the custom modes that I had created previously.

Seems to me like it's such a weird issue that re-ordering the devices in the app causes you to lose the base station and all the modes. I hope that Arlo tech support actively reads these forums as we appear to be doing at least part of their job for them!

Srack
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don’t think that’s the actual cause. When I re-order devices the setting simply doesn’t stick. My base station doesn’t die. ️ 

Dk_northwest
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's possible that it's something else related, so I'm not touching anything else. I added a custom mode, and that saved and works just fine. Re-ordering (or something I'm doing when I re-order) definitely takes my base station down. I've been up for a couple hours since the last reset...so that at least is a work around

fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Agreed on the "something else related" and "work around" bits. At the very least it's the cause of my issues (as I had reordered the devices after the previous two base station factory resets) so I'm leaving well enough alone for the time being.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic has been escalated to the development team and these reports are currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as more information becomes available.

JamesC

Good_Fella
Tutor
Tutor

I have reset my base stations to factory settings twice now. Hopeful the 2 base stations will not crash again. I will not reorder devices. Lets see if that is the fix, until arlo tech support provides a firmware update

LeighBramich
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think you might have nailed it I re ordered mine.

that’s ridiculous though

balbori
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jim!

ace604
Aspirant
Aspirant

A couple of hours ago the exact same thing happened to me - my base station disappeared from the app and my Mode tab is blank.   What caused this and how do we fix it.??

ace604
Aspirant
Aspirant

For me the issue was reproduced when I deleted unwanted videos.  After the deletion, the base station was removed.

Good_Fella
Tutor
Tutor

I would suggest doing a factory reset, add cameras 1 by 1. After all is done and reset complete, DO NOT REORDER YOUR CAMERAS, putting your cameras in a different order after reset will cause this problem to occur, either right away or in a few hours.

Philipiter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Something else I noticed... If I go through the steps everyone is recommending - reset base station, add cameras back, do NOT reorder devices - everything does show up and work as expected with one exception: my Arlo wired doorbell stops functioning. It still shows up in the app, but I can't connect to it. When I reset the base station, the doorbell was the first thing I added and it worked all the way up until I modified the Modes to switch to geo-fencing and to add an At Home mode that included only the doorbell itself.   

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix for this issue has been implemented. This will allow users to safely use the device order feature without resulting in any issues.

For users that are experiencing their base station no longer being visible within the Arlo mobile app or web client, you will need to re-onboard the base station by tapping "Add New Device" select Base Station/Hub and follow the on screen instructions.

If the base station cannot be found, follow the reset instructions linked here and then attempt onboarding again: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

JamesC

Philipiter
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC  - are you able to communicate when exactly this fix was pushed out? Per my above post, I reset my base station about 20 mins before your post and still had issues.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Philipiter,

I don't have a precise timeframe for when the fix was released on the cloud, but the timeframe you indicate is close enough to the fix that you may have reset just prior to it's release.

Try onboarding again and you should be all set as of now.

JamesC

Srack
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you James for the support.

Dk_northwest
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC awesome. I can confirm I'm able to re-order my cameras without issue now

Maureenodonoghu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mode button not working.  Get blank screen. Not detecting motion.  I can click to get live view. I have Arlo Pro Secure

Yanick2112
Aspirant
Aspirant

Need help i have same problème