Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
AgentL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Several times I have unplugged both cable for one minute, pressed on/off button, held reset for 10 seconds. All three lights turn green yet says base unit is offline. Help?! Please.
50 REPLIES 50
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Who told you to reset? I see power cycled but not resets.
Maggiele
Tutor
Tutor

I saw that others on this forum had reset. I can't reset my unit as I'm not there. It is still showing as being offline. 

Maggiele
Tutor
Tutor

Now the base unit is showing as being online, however there is no connection to any of the cameras.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Reboot your phone and try again that works for me this morning

Maggiele
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestion, however still receiving the message "This Arlo device is offline."

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

And I'm guessing you're not at home so you cannot reboot your base station

OffTarget
Aspirant
Aspirant
All green lights, unplugged for 1/2hr also changed the Ethernet cable, reset the system, re sank the cammeras, deleted the app and reinstalled it...I pritty much tryed everything except return it and buy the competition for 200$ more....
Maggiele
Tutor
Tutor

Correct! 

OffTarget
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will be soon but was going to get this for my vacation home that's 6hrs away...really having second thoughts on this one....
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

I can see why

Maggiele
Tutor
Tutor

Ours was working perfectly until now, however we are having second thoughts about keeping it after this failure. Your hands are tied if it's not working and you are out of the country. We need something more reliable than this. 

Delforest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you fixed the issue? I am presenting the same problems.
What do I have to do to get the cameras to record again?

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Still have peoblem in UK, going on for 36hrs now intermitingly working but mostly offline
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

Screenshot_20170331-105031.pngJust checked again… still offline

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There still seems to be some issues with AWS access:

http://downdetector.com/status/aws-amazon-web-services/map/

Maggiele
Tutor
Tutor

My base station is now connected, however none of my cameras appear to be. There doesn't seem to be any way to connect them remotely. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can try restarting the base remotely but if that doesn't work only physical presence will work.
Delforest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you all. Problem solved. I just turned off the base and turned on again and started to work recorded again.

OffTarget
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm not putting up with this BS, no communication from anyone only had it for a week and this happens....social media is a great thing and I will be telling all...also returning this **bleep** back to bestbuy

Maggiele
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks again! I found that I could reset the base remotely. That did the trick! After a short time, the cameras connected one by one. We are back to happy monitoring. 

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Mine still seems very intermittent!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

OffTarget,

As mentioned, there were technical issues that a small number of users experienced on Thursday. These issues have been resolved. Are you still have trouble? Please let us know.

JamesC

ARLONELIE
Aspirant
Aspirant

To whom it may concern;

Since this weekend (18 June) our base station has been offline. We conducted all recommended trobleshooting i.e. Power off and on, Ethernet cable, reset base unit, but unfortunate the base station still offline. We are located in Germany. What could be the problem? Please help!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What LEDs are lit on the base and what color?  Did you actually perform a reset by using the reset button until the LEDs flashed amber?  If so, you also need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

ARLONELIE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did it all, reset to factory. But now I can't add any device.