Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station is disconnected

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ncst8guy
Follower
Follower

I live 700 miles from this system.  It worked flawlessly for two months.  Then I had the "base station disconnected" message.  I had to have a relative drive about 45 minutes to go up, unplug and reboot the base station and viola, it worked again. For about a week.  Now, it seems every four to 5 days, it disconnects.

TWC has rebooted the router and it's working fine.  

I am going to drive up there soon, is there anything I should do IP wise so that if the TWC router loses connectivity, when it reconnects it will automatically find the Arlo Base station?

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

This is a problem a number of people have noted recently. Hopefully there will be a firmware update some time that will fix this but until then, the only way seems to be to power cycle the base station. A few people are using a workaround of using a smart wifi controlled power outlet. These seem to reconnect to the internet OK after a loss of internet or loss of power or both. Then when you have the smart outlet controllable, you can turn it off and on again  to power cycle the base station and you're back in action. Again, hopefully they fix this but if you internet and power are unreliable and you're hardly ever on site, this is a workaround to keep you up and running