Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arming without Internet

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Vetal
Aspirant
Aspirant
After the hurricane, I don't have internet for at least another 2 days. Wi-Fi is up but no internet until Comcast restores the service. How do I arm Arlo Pro during these days without Internet. I hope Arlo is not vulnerable to internet outages and will still provide some security to my house while I am at work.
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Vetal wrote:
After the hurricane, I don't have internet for at least another 2 days. Wi-Fi is up but no internet until Comcast restores the service. How do I arm Arlo Pro during these days without Internet. I hope Arlo is not vulnerable to internet outages and will still provide some security to my house while I am at work.

Not much to be done at this point without internet access... unless you can borrow a celluar hotspot ( with port ) and hook the base into that for arming  AND then set up the usb port for the drive backup recording ( which will record without interent to the HD connected )

I always recommend those with the PRO units to take avantage of the usb drive backups as a 5 to 64gb speed stick is plenty and cheap...it provides the record backup needed at time like this.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Vetal
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have USB drive already connected to the base, but system is disarmed right now. My question is how do I arm it? I can't borrow/buy cell hot spot right now. I just need to arm Arlo for the next 2 days until Comcast restores Internet after the hurricane
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No Internet, no changing of any setting, including the Armed mode. You could use a WiFi extender and use your phone as a hotspot. Connect the extender to your phone's hotspot and the base to the extender.  Access should then work. Other than that, you can't do a thing.