Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Reports Offline since new App release

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
webwizard1990
Follower
Follower
Today I have experienced an issue and not sure how to resolve it.

I restarted my router and when all my devices within my house reconnected I checked the new Arlo app to make sure my cameras were reconnected. To my surprise I was greeted with the “Your base station is offline...”

I have restarted the base station, made sure my security settings are still the same on my router and all 3 green lights are solid on my base station.

However the app still reports that my base station is not connected to the internet.

I have also tried force quitting the app and logging out, my partner has also done the same and the same issue persists.

To add to the confusion, I also checked HomeKit integration within the Home app and I CAN see my cameras live feed.
2 REPLIES 2
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

My wife has this problem too. Android Oppo A75. Based on android 7.0

Because we can't get geofencing to work with her phone too, we need to manually operate the system.

But she opens up the app and as told she is offline.

Finger print verification not required.

She has to log out and back in to arm the system and usually the same to disarm.

So very keen to hear a solution.

How about some widgets ARM  DISARM CUSTOM MODES or IFTTT access to Custom modes.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@webwizard1990 wrote:
the app still reports that my base station is not connected to the internet.

To add to the confusion, I also checked HomeKit integration within the Home app and I CAN see my cameras live feed.

It's sounding like you are saying the app is mis-reporting the base station status.  Maybe next time also check with the web client, and see it also thinks the base is off-line?