Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
billyinoc
Tutor
Tutor

Just received my Arlo Pro from Costco. I thought setup would be easy.? The green lights on the base station are on indicating it is connected to the internet. When I try to discover it within the app it is not detected.. I used my iphone and my MAC and my PC with the same issue.. I reset the base station, I re downloaded the app and read the posts in the community but still can't figure it out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
billyinoc
Tutor
Tutor

I finally got it to work. The issue was the Google Wifi. I had the base station connected to the router. I reset the base station and connected it to the Google Wifi Point and it worked. Not sure why that made the difference but it did. 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are all 3 LEDs green or just the power and Internet?

billyinoc
Tutor
Tutor
first 2 green one yellow.

I also have Google wifi if that’s an issue?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, Google WiFi isn't an issue.

Try holding the base reset button until the LEds flash amber and try again.

billyinoc
Tutor
Tutor

Already did that. No luck. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store.

billyinoc
Tutor
Tutor

I finally got it to work. The issue was the Google Wifi. I had the base station connected to the router. I reset the base station and connected it to the Google Wifi Point and it worked. Not sure why that made the difference but it did. 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Prolly' network not the same

Mlawler123
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

Are all 3 LEDs green or just the power and Internet?

Just the power and the camera light

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Until the Internet LED is green, it won't work. Since it's off, that means that it's one of the following - bad base port, bad router port or bad Ethernet cable. Try a different cable as well as a different port on the router. Also, reboot both the router and base, in that order.

Mcaaander
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem. It turns out  that once you connect your Google Wi-Fi mesh to your router, it’s somehow supersedes the routers functions and you can only plug in your Arlo directly into the Google router now. I have no idea how this happens, or why, but it took about three minutes after plugging the base station into the Google home Wi-Fi that the Internet signal finally turned green. 

yfarmaz
Initiate
Initiate

VMB4000 Base Station, powered up, connected to hardwire port on router, pressed reset and got power green and network green and camera led is amber.  I can sync the Arlo Pro cameras but I cannot "detect" the base station using my laptop.  My laptop is connect via WiFi which the router is supplying.  Thoughts?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're not following the directions which are to claim the base first and then sync the cameras. Remove any devices found in Settings, My Devices (if present) and then hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Claim the base first and then sync the cameras.

Jps1995m3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed my the system I open the app to discover device it’s not detect it?
All the green lights are on...
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jps1995m3

Are you on the same wifi network as the base station?

Jps1995m3
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I check for the WiFi network?
I have a it plugged into my router and using my WiFi.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If all the LEDs are green I would press the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let it boot to green power and internet with the Camera LED off or amber and try again.
Jps1995m3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did a reset one time didn’t work I tried a second time and it finally worked thanks for the help...
bob1938
Initiate
Initiate

Tried to reister base.   When using my desktop computer via arlo.netgear.com and the base was recognized.  The add screen poped up and the base was listed.  I tabed down and accepted the correct time zone.  Tabed down and named the base and clicked on continue.    Nothing happened for over 15 minuted.   I closed the screen and tried to reenter.  Now it will not recoginize the base.   I have turned base on and off,  reset the system ets.   The power LED and Internet are both green.   I have no loaded a camera yet.

jbi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased package at Costco and set-up using one camera only until performance could be confirmed.  Performance was as expected for about three days.  Then nothing.  Message on app; "check connection".  Went through set-up process again, used reset button on base station, rebooted AT&T modem/router still no connection.  Reviewed comments by community and continued to try an achieve connection with no results. 

Frustrated; system worked fine for short time and now it apparently is dead.  Unless, additional suggestions from the community can assist, I will return the package to Costco. 

Question is; do I abandon Arlo product or try again with a new package? A friend has had the same package for two months and has had no problems.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Define "reset" = power cycle or used the reset button? Big difference.

What are the LEDs on the base showing? They should all be green. If you actually reset, you should remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Claim the base and then sync the cameras.