Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kk4mds
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is a prepurchase question.  I am in Central Florida.  Hot and humid in the summer and winter varies between warm and freezing (but not often on the latter).  How often should I expect to have to charge the batterries for outdoor cameras, assuming average (if there is such a thing) usage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Wire-Free camera last for about four to six months with normal usage, which is about five minutes of recordings a day.

Take a look here for more information: How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, or Arlo Go camera's battery life?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I'm from Florida, but live in western NY. Not quite as hot, but we get the humidity. This year was very humid and average to warm temps. I have one camera outside the house, in my attached garage. The garage is not finished inside so in the summer it can get 90-110 degrees inside the garage in the afternoon. Not quite your setup, but hot and humid anyways.

With what I think is average use, cars pulling in and out of the garage, people coming in and out of the door that leads into the house, just activity in the garage like fixing something........ I got just over 2 months out of the battery (9 weeks or so). My other 2 cameras which are used the least, inside, still have 38% and 40% after just over 3 months. My last one which has 2nd overall usage is at 24% at just over 3 months.

Really depends on the usage. Temp and humdiity shouldn't affect them or very little. I did notice that the motion sensitivity lowers when it's really hot. My garage was 100 degress one day and the camera picked me up 5-10 feet later than normal, I assume because it couldn't see my heat signature because the garage air was so warm, but outside you should be fine in the heat.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Wire-Free camera last for about four to six months with normal usage, which is about five minutes of recordings a day.

Take a look here for more information: How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, or Arlo Go camera's battery life?

JamesC