Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio detection sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
draku007
Star
Star

By default the cameras are set to audio sensitivity 3 out of 5. When I change it to 5 the camera just starts detecting audio all the time. I tried with 2 different cameras and the moment is set to 5 it just starts detecting "silence". 

I lowered it to 4 and it works great but I think the 5 level its just too sensitive. Anyone else having similar experience ?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Never had to set at 5.... But maybe in a " quiet" room it might be necessary.

Like you 4 is high, I run just fine on 3

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
draku007
Star
Star

I've been playing with the audio sensitivity and here is what I found so far...

My living room and basement cameras are set to audio detection. I have canary bird in my living room about 12ft from the camera. What got me thinking about the audio detection is the fact that my bird likes to sing but no audio was ever detected. I had the sensitivity set to the default 3. I increased the sensitivity to 4 but still no audio detected when the bird sings. 

Yesterday the Fedex guy rang the doorbell which is placed about 4ft from the camera. No audio detected. Sensitivity is still set to 4. 

When I changed the sensitivity to 5 it starts to detect everything to the point where it's too sensitive. 

My basement when set to 4 doesn't detect anything but when set to 5 it detected my bird singing in the living room. 

The bottom line is that the audio sensitivity at 4 is not sensitive enough and 5 is too sensitive. While I can see some people needing the extra sensitivity at 5 the 4 level needs to be adjusted. 

Anyone else tested the audio sensitivity?