Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo PRO camera goes offline if "no activity"

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
apache77
Aspirant
Aspirant

First of all sorry for my poor english, I write from Italy and I have to write in US Forum because Netgear didn't start Arlo Pro Markiting in my country and there aren't discussions about it.

I bought one Arlo Pro kit and 1 single Arlo Pro Camera in my last trip in NYC and when came back in Italy I installed the 4 cameras of the kit and the single Arlo PRO Camera in my house; 4 camera are working flawlessly without no problem but one has a weird problem.

I correctly synced all cameras with Arlo station but one of five, after about 1 hour of standby since its last activity (see a Live, change settings on App or site, record due a movement on its sensor), goes offline and there are no way to keep it online again except disconnect and connect its battery again.

During this "sleep of death" phase the battery drain is incredible. The first day I armed system with motion sensor on and go sleep; the next morning 4 camera were on line with 100% of battery, the faulty was offline; I remove syncronization, reconnect battery and the camera return online without problem, but the battery was at 43% after 8 hour of SoD. (1 probably online e 7 without connection)

I have done a lot of test : 

- I changed the position of the faulty camera a lot of time, near (1 ft) or far from base outside home

- I tried to remove syncronization with base and sync again many times

- I tried to cross batteries beetween cameras

- I tried with motion sensor on, off or left cam turned off

but the problem is still there. After about an hour the camera goes sleep and i need to wake up reconnecting battery.

The firmware of the cameras is 1.090.0.0_9945 and 1.8.2.3_9907 for the Base station.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you need to contact Netgear directly... See SUPPORT

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have the latest firmware.  I think you have a bad camera - unfortunately, you'll have to open a case with support through the US.  Use this:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

I'm not sure how this will work but, since you bought in the US, you'll have to handle it as if you were still there.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

apache77,

I agree with the above suggestions, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

apache77
Aspirant
Aspirant

there are new...yesterday i had time to investigate about this strange problem and i dicovered that the "sleep of death" of that camera occur when the base lost connection with cameras and not after an hour or particular interval of time. Sometimes i saw on app that ALL the cameras go offline and after a while 4 return online automatically but not one. in this state of death I discovered That camera quick drains battery, is warm in the front part of the body and if I press the sync button nothing happens. If i disconnect and reconnect battery the camera restart without problem, I think until next lost of connection with base. all the camera have full signal strenght. very strange.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I had an issue last night where the cameras were reporting no Internet connection.  It was interesting since sometimes it would work and then suddenly tell me about no connection.  I checked the base LEDs multiple times and all were green.  A power cycle on the base has fixed it but I'm not sure why that was needed.