Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ArloPro Geofence push notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Wdufrene
Tutor
Tutor

I want to record motion on all events on all cameras. But i only want PUSH notifications when i am not home. how would i set that up? I have Geofence ARMED set up for Both my wife and I cell phone. so I should get push notifications as soon as we leave and any time we have  motion while we are gone. but I also want to ARM cameras to record even when i am home, but i do not need alerts to movement while home, but i do want to still record while i am inside. what if the kids get hurt id like to go back to see what happened. or what if somone does break into my car or attempts to but is not sucessful i would like to go back and review the video! i just dont want to be bothered ALL DAY AND NIGHT if i am home. Sorry if this has been discussed before Please just link me to where i can find this. Or maybe i am not understanding the Arming process.  I assume arming is the only time it records. so if you have arming off it does nothing except allow Live view?  thanks

2 REPLIES 2
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

You'll need to setup a custom mode, then setup rules inside the custom mode to tell the cameras what to do and which ones will send notifications. You'll probably want an away mode and a home mode. In the away mode, notifications can be turned on for which ever cameras and in the home mode you can turn notifications off.

On the mode tab, tap Add a Mode and follow the screens for adding your cameras, picking triggers, picking which cameras record, and which send notifications.

The if you stil want to use geofencing, you simply tell the geofencing rule to use your custom home and away modes.

Wdufrene
Tutor
Tutor

I think that will work i just created a home and away. i didn trealize i could add those and use those in teh GEO FENCE! thanks for the fast response!