Arlo with 7 days cloud storage all options greyed out on android

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
keirelan13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had these for a couple of years now, but recently noticed that while I still can view my videos, I am not able to download (or anything else). If I use a web browser (Chrome) on my Chromebook, there are no options to download or anything else. If I use the app on my Android S9, I have the following options - Donate, Share, Favorite, Save to Photos, and Delete. None of these function anymore. I know I was able to download my videos before, as we had to provide copies to the police when our car was broken into. I need to make sure I have that option if it comes up again. 

I checked for app updates and there are none. As far as I can tell, the cameras and base station are current. I tried support on the web, but since I don't have a subscription, was directed to use support through the app. I tried that and was told I don't have access to support, was directed to support on the web and then in a loop with the bot telling me to contact support and then telling me I don't have access to support, so I should contact support. 

Any help on how to download my videos would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

From looking at the screenshot you sent previously and from the scenarios you're explaining, are you the main account holder or a grant access user?

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"Save to photos" is the same thing as downloading. The only way to save to photos is to download...

keirelan13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. How do I download?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@keirelan13 wrote:

If I use a web browser (Chrome) on my Chromebook, there are no options to download or anything else.

If you go into the library, there should be three dots at the bottom right of every video. 

If you click on those three dots, you should see a list at the bottom that includes

• Favorite
  • Donate
  • Download
  • Delete
  • Cancel

Select download, and then click on that.

keirelan13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have them listed as Donate, Share, Favorite, Save to Photos, and Delete and they are all grayed out. Nothing happens when I tap on any of those options. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@keirelan13 wrote:

Yes, I have them listed as Donate, Share, Favorite, Save to Photos, and Delete and they are all grayed out. Nothing happens when I tap on any of those options. 

Are you doing this in my.arlo.com?

keirelan13
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is in the app on my Android device. If I log in to my.arlo.com and navigate to Library, I can only play the videos. There are no available options to do anything else. I am using Chrome on a Chromebook. I can't get there using Firefox on the same Chromebook, it gets stuck asking me to add a subscription. If I use the Arlo app on the Chromebook, I cannot see any of the options either. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@keirelan13 wrote:

If I log in to my.arlo.com and navigate to Library, I can only play the videos.

First click on the 3 dots (circled below):

click here.png

After you do that, you will see this on the bottom of the page:

download.png

Then click on "Download".  Though it appears to be grayed out, that is not the case.

keirelan13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand that, my problem there is the three dots:

Screenshot 2021-10-21 5.54.42 PM.png
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@keirelan13 wrote:

I understand that, my problem there is the three dots:

Have you tried clicking where they are supposed to be?

Maybe also try clearing the browser cache.

keirelan13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't actually think of that, but I have now clicked where they are supposed to be and it just opens the video, not a menu. Tried clearing cache and tried incognito. Still no luck. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi kierelan13,

Just to be sure, when you click on the "three dots", does it just take you to the video of the recording instead of showing you the options of "Favorite", "Share", etc.?

keirelan13
Aspirant
Aspirant

There are two scenarios. 

1. The Arlo app on my Android device - I can see the three dots and pull up the menu of options, but they are all grayed out and nothing happens when tapping on them.

2. The my.arlo.com website access via Chrome browser on my Chromebook. There are no dots at all. Clicking where they should be or anywhere else on the video thumbnail just pulls up the video and plays it. I cannot find any way to get to a menu with options. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

From looking at the screenshot you sent previously and from the scenarios you're explaining, are you the main account holder or a grant access user?

keirelan13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fantastic! I've been using that login for so long, I didn't even remember that I had set it up with a different account. Thank you!!!