Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jsmillie
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo cameras were working beautifully, but now there is a significant lag before they begin recording. So much so that if I walk past the camera, it begins recording well after I am past. I am missing almost every motion/movement as it begins recording now AFTER it has happened. The cameras WERE working fine and now are lagging. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey jsmillie,

Have you tried rebooting your Base Station to see if that helps?

You can also try optimizing the motion detection for your camera to see if that helps, which you can read more about here: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Same problem here for about 3 weeks or so. Have had system since 2017 and never had this problem. It renders them usless as I put 3 cameras to one area of view just to hope one will capture the actual object of motion. They always assume it is US and our equipment, but if they'd just stop and quit the crazy updates they do on a whim without testing them first, we might actually have a system like we were proud of owning when we first bought it.

jsmillie
Initiate
Initiate
Interesting because that’s about the same amount of time I have been having the problem. I’m getting recordings of nothing. It doesn’t kick in and start video-ing until after the subject is gone. Renders it useless indeed!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're still having problems even when trying to optimize the motion detection and rebooting your Base Station, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.