Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo videos won’t play and no email alerts coming through

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Tulacat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a mix of Arlo Pro and Arlos. As of yesterday I stopped receiving email alerts (still get the phone alert) and videos will not play via the library. They just come up as a screenshot with no video. I appreciate any help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mtmccort
Initiate
Initiate

I had the same issue. My iOS Arlo app would not allow me to select record video. I discovered that my cameras were not participating in my subscription anymore for some reason. I had to login into my Arlo account on the website not my app. I then went to settings, subscription and manage cameras. I had to add all my cameras to my subscription. After doing this my app on iOS was working correctly. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Tulacat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Powered down the base station. Also noticed I cannot get any cameras to show video when selected normally. Did Arlo do somthing to the firmware recently?

cymru68
Aspirant
Aspirant

me too   no record video highlight 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Are you still experiencing this issue with you system?

Tulacat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. Yes I am. I opened a ticket with Arlo (#41575396), but have no resolution yet. I receive phone alerts when a camera’s motion detector sees something, but just get a picture, no video. I also cannot go to a camera and see a video, it just shows that it is trying to connect, and then it times out. This started Saturday. I have powered off the base station several times. I appreciate any help you can give.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tulacat

Thank you for that information. What version of the Arlo app are you using & what OS is your device running?

Tulacat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. IOS 12.4
Firmware 1.16.1.1_3348_facf74c

Thanks again.
Tulacat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I assume I am running version 2.14 of the app.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you update to the latest version of iOS & test again, About iOS 13 Updates

To check the version of the Arlo app please go to Settings > About > Version

Tulacat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Updated. Still not working.
Tulacat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am running 2.1.4.
mtmccort
Initiate
Initiate

I had the same issue. My iOS Arlo app would not allow me to select record video. I discovered that my cameras were not participating in my subscription anymore for some reason. I had to login into my Arlo account on the website not my app. I then went to settings, subscription and manage cameras. I had to add all my cameras to my subscription. After doing this my app on iOS was working correctly. 

Tulacat
Aspirant
Aspirant
That was it. Somehow my subscribed cameras were deactivated. It’s all working now. Thanks!!