Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
BRioux
Follower
Follower

What’s the point of having this camera system?
Here’s why I ask. We were having issues with stuff coming up missing. So I purchased the Arlo system because of the great reviews. At first it was great, then the batteries died at the 7 day mark. Then the cameras would not pick up people coming to my door. But they would pick something up off camera so nothing was on the video. Yes I did all the things recommended to do. Then we had some things come up missing in our garage and again more phantom recordings and nothing recorded coming into my garage. Next All of the cameras go offline. Batteries fully charged and installed two days prior. So reset the system back online and all of my recordings now only record 6-10 seconds of video when they are set to 30.
Two days later both FedEx and UPS deliver packages and again system only is recoding the 6-10 sec. later that day we find our packages were stolen. Can’t make out the person or plates on his car. Not only that the garage camera picked him up but the door camera did not.
So that’s it I’m done. That is the reason for my question. Why even have the system. I would love to get the new Ultras but if it’s going to glitch out and not record when it needs to and I end up loosing several more thousand dollars worth of stuff no thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
gardahk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I really don't know what happened with Arlo. I've had my Pros since May of 2017. For the first year I'd say they worked pretty well. Had to replace the batteries every 3 months or so. The last year batteries have been draining like crazy if they can't access the hub for any long period of time. This seems like bad power management to me.

Sadly I've just given up now and I'm moving over to a (Power over ethernet solution). Way less lag on recording, no paying for basic features that should come with the damn equipment, no batteries.

The Arlo system is overpriced, badly coded, and probably purposely planned for obsolescence.

If you have the choice, return and purchase something else. Amazon has a sale right now on this POE system, https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01DEW36RE/ , which has better resolution, better reviews and what sounds like a decent app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support