Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo smart forced Subscription issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tayler
Follower
Follower

Hello I am writing in reference to the devices that I have. I am very upset and taken back at the fact that the two separate system I have operating in 2 different homes I am unable to see because it is forcing me to enroll into a subscription which I’ve never had to do before. This is an inconvenience and a complete rip off that I can not continue to protect not only my home but my uncles home whom of which is extremely ill. I need someone from your support staff to contact me as soon as possible in reference to this. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tayler wrote:
Hello I am writing in reference to the devices that I have. I am very upset and taken back at the fact that the two separate system I have operating in 2 different homes I am unable to see because it is forcing me to enroll into a subscription which I’ve never had to do before. 

It shouldn't be doing that unless you have more than 5 cameras (which also required a subscription before).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Tayler

Which system are you having an issue with? the one in your home or the other? I see you have pro/pro 2 cams, there should be no issues with this system as long as it's 5 cameras or less.

storgeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

I received that message also.  I only have 2 Arlo Pro cameras.  To get out of it, you have to select the subscription option and then cancel out.  Its kind of shocking and pushy !  If I wanted a subscription, I would buy one.