Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cameras will not stayed sync. Do these really work outside?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LMA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had this system for 2 years, 2 Arlo Q wired cameras and 3 wireless Pro cameras. Two of the wireless Pro cameras that I have outside, have stopped syncing with the base station. The one wireless camera inside is fine. I can get them synced with the base station initially but they will not stay synced. Contacted support numerous times and exhausted all troubleshooting steps and they determined the cameras are basically broken and out of warranty, of course. So, I will make do with the 3 remaining cameras until they break. My question is, do these wireless cameras really work outside? We do have skins on them and they are totally dry inside.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try syncing one of the troubled cameras and leave it closer inside to the base ... see if it's location is the issue or not... or maybe temp related ( tho it shouldn't be )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LMA wrote:

do these wireless cameras really work outside? We do have skins on them and they are totally dry inside.

They do.  

LMA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have them by the base and synced. After several hours, they are holding the sync, however, not sure what will happen when I move them to their positions about 50 ft from the base outside.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LMA wrote:

however, not sure what will happen when I move them to their positions about 50 ft from the base outside.

Well, there's only one way to find out.  😉