Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo slow access video recording. Shows offline or not available. Need to close/relaunch app.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ddhh2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I started to notice when we check the Arlo recording, it will state devices are not available or offline ( on the Arlo base amber light in the middle), after 30 seconds the device will be online, sometimes I need to closed/relaunch my Arlo android app to make it working again. 

IOS Arlo app seemed to be better, timeout ( 5 to 10 seconds ) 

Firmware 1.16.6.1_3885_9330458

Hardware VMB4000r3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ddhh2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue was resolved by reinstall the app. 

Before reinstalled the app, I had enabled fingerprint in login setting, I think enabled login app security caused the delay or time out access camera footages. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the middle (internet) LED is amber, that means the connection to the servers has been lost. That implies an issue with anything from your router to the servers. Who is your ISP? What are you upload and download speeds as well as the latency as measured by speedtest.net? When the middle LED is amber, use a computer or an app on your phone to ping arlo.com to see if you get good responses. 

You may also want to reboot your modem, router and base, in that order.

Ddhh2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't think there is an issue with my ISP, I'd Comcast cable download speed 100 Mbps/5Mbps upload speed from speedtest. 

The slow response less on iPhone Arlo app.  

Ddhh2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also noticed we are still missing recording for our security footage, I think this might also be related to the base units not connecting to the server or in the sleep or standby mode. 

We have Arlo systems for a little over 3 years, already show the sign of the end of life. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you reboot things as I suggested? When you checked speedtest.net, what was the latency?

It's possible that there's a degradation of some unit in the system but it's also possible that something has changed in your wireless environment over the years, too. Assuming everything is in the same location as it was originally (is it?) additional wireless devices near the cameras and/or base can cause interference with the camera/base connection. Anything that uses the 2.4GHz band can do this, not just WiFi. You can also try moving the base away from the router as much as possible.

Ddhh2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue was resolved by reinstall the app. 

Before reinstalled the app, I had enabled fingerprint in login setting, I think enabled login app security caused the delay or time out access camera footages.