Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

QR code scans fine on Arlo Go but will not make the shutter sound

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
eastbaysteve
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received a new Arlo Go from Verizon. The sim was preinstalled and activated according to the documentation. I installed the battery. It blinks blue about ever second. When I attempt to add the camera, the QR on the packaging scans fine. However it will not make the shutter sound when I press the sync button for 1-2 seconds. So I skip and then try to scan the QR on my phone screen with the Arlo camera, and nothing.  TIA for any tips. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Something's wrong (obviously). When inserting the battery, the LED should only briefly blink blue and then remain off. Have you tried charging the battery? Have you tried removing the battery and using only the charger?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Something's wrong (obviously). When inserting the battery, the LED should only briefly blink blue and then remain off. Have you tried charging the battery? Have you tried removing the battery and using only the charger?

eastbaysteve
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much! I removed the battery and used only the charger and everything went just like it should have. After getting everything connected, I put the battery back in and everything seems ok. The battery wasn't charged to 100% and it should have been. So I'm going to watch it close. Thanks again for your help. Best, Steve