Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 In Conversation
Guyincog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know if the arlo servers are down? I can log in to the app but my base station and cameras appear to be offline. The lights on the base station indicate that it is connected to the internet. This has been going on for two days now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many users are confirming this issue has been resolved. Please let me know if you continue experiencing an issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
ybsheen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue since yesterday (3/15 afternoon).

Not sure what's going on. I just setup a nest IQ indoor cam last night, hope it's not becuase of it.

dg25
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem since yesterday.  I'm receiving an error message that starts- You may be logged into NetGear Arlo in a different browser...

Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

Read the message, it says clear your cookies, exit out and try it again

91ford
Tutor
Tutor

Are the servers down as my mobile app is saying "GETTING STATUS"

So can't set or unset system and are at work.  Has been an issue for at least 3 hours now???

jasongabler
Star
Star

I have also noticed that various firewall or VPN configurations will keep the phone or web application from being able to display camera feeds. There's really very little NetGear can do about this, AFAIK, as their service surely depends upon specific network ports to establish two-way communication between their service and our clients. If your network security measures are blocking, you've got to make the appropriate adjustments on your end.  If you've recently set up a firewall or VPN, I'd check that.  

drdale45
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does Netgear warranty their product?

Do they cover consequential damages if their product malfunctions due to their server being down?

Do they cover losses due to their servers being down?

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There doesn't appear to be an Arlo outage. It's cloud-based so your ISP or anyplace in the network chain can break. Others have said they were on Cox so maybe it's a Cox problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many users are confirming this issue has been resolved. Please let me know if you continue experiencing an issue.

JamesC

drdale45
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it appears resolved.

I would like to know the root cause of the issue and what is Netgears Corrective Action such that this NEVER happens again. If this is meant to be a "serious" contender for home security, these types of outages are unacceptable.  People, your customers, deserve to know what happened and what you'll do to make sure it never happens again.

Thank you.

Dale

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Never is unrealistic. Everything goes down, or breaks, from time to time. That's the nature of networks, servers, and the internet. (as well as pretty much every product ever invented)

e90phan
Aspirant
Aspirant

ARLO still down for me. It's saying the base station is offline, but both the power and internet indicator light on the base station are green. It has been this way for me since yesterday (4/23/2018) early afternoon and still down now (4/24/2018).

Any ideas on how I get this rectified?  TIA

e90phan
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

I'm still experiencing issues:

It's saying the base station is offline, but both the power and internet indicator light on the base station are green. It has been this way for me since yesterday (4/23/2018) early afternoon and still down now (4/24/2018). Any ideas??

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

e90phan,

Did you perform a manual factory reset at any point? (hold reset down untill all LEDs flash amber) If so, you'll need to log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices, remove your base station, navigate back to your devices screen and click "Add Device", select base station and follow the on screen instructions. When reclaiming your base station, be sure the device you are using is on the same network as the base station.

JamesC

e90phan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thanks for the quick response JamesC. I did do a manual reset last night, but hadn't removed and re-added the base station. I'll give that a shot tonight when I'm on the same network.

Will I also need to re-sync all my cameras as well?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

e90phan,

Yes, if the base station was factory reset, all cameras will need to be resynced, be sure to do this only after you have reclaimed the base station.

JamesC

drdale45
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I understand "never" is not going to happen. But on a monthly basis seems excessive.  Back in the 1980's I worked for a mainframe manufacturer.  Our reliability requirement for the systems then, and we had to guarantee it to our customers was;   1 STOP per year.  I think they are no where near this performance.  Dale

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I can't speak for others, but I've had my Arlo system since June 2017 and I've only experienced one outage and that was only for a couple of hours (that was January I think). I didn't have any issues yesterday and didn't have any issues last month with the base offline issue. My home internet and electricity have gone down more than that in the same time period and smartthings and LIFX (both cloud based home automation services) has had issues that affected me once also in the same time period.

For me, not a big deal, for others maybe it's more, so I understand how it can be frustrating.

TammyT
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having trouble changing the status of the cameras for a couple of days. It gives me alerts via email that it has detected motion. However, it wont record, not let me turn the cameras on/off. Just now it is telling me that they are offline...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Log out of the app/browser and back in. Power cycle the base. Luck?