Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
cghefner
Aspirant
Aspirant

The other day I had to charge a few cameras and move them around.  I also switched modes from one mode (all cameras armed) to another (only certain cameras armed).  Since then I started noticing that when I receive email notifications for motion recordings I am also receiving email notifications for events that already passed.  Even today, 5/22, I received email notifications for events that occured on 5/17.  I uninstalled the app on my phone and rebooted the hub but I am still getting these alerts.

11 REPLIES 11
Cous261
Initiate
Initiate
I've been having the same problem for the past few days as well. This makes the system almost totally now useless as if you don't get email notices till two to three days later and you have something happen. How does this make this a security system you can count on. Arlo started out with a few flaws then became a great system for me and now this as I said makes the system useless if you can't get notices till days later. Hopefully this is a small glitch that gets resolved fast as I said they had a few flaws in the past but seemed to be on a roll till now. This is sad as I was considering the new light system as well as my old floodlights are needing to be replaced but this pretty much put a damper on these plans now. As looking not to be worth the move as I see it now. Hopes this gets fixed soon.
MkRiley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Receiving 5-day old alerts, this just started today. Keep receiving the same video dated 5/17/19

cghefner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now the look of the emails is new but I am still getting the same 5/17 emails repeated in immediate succession.

cghefner
Aspirant
Aspirant

BTW the support page is not working at all. I tried a few times to write to the support team and after I click submit it tells me something went wrong. If I try to chat, it attempts to start a chat session for 5 minutes before failing.

MkRiley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was able to contact the support team. They had me go to modes click the edit under armed and uncheck email notifications for the specific camera.  Log out and back in to the app. Once you log back in, go back to the camera recheck email notifications.  This seemed to work. The other option was to completely remove the camera and reconnect to the base.

vingg
Guide
Guide

Getting video from 5/17/19 also. I go into my system almost every day and delete video. For the past four days one or two video clips from 5/17/19 show up, delete with the ones from that day. When I go in the next day a clip from 5/17/19 is there.

cghefner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I gave that a try.  Hopefully it will work. Thanks.

vingg
Guide
Guide

I did a complete reinstall yesterday. Which was remove all devices and added back in.  Today when I logged in this morning to do my daily review a clip from the 17th showed up.

MkRiley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Vingg,

Unchecking and Rechecking the email worked for me, the other option I did not try. It was suggested by customer support. 

cghefner
Aspirant
Aspirant

After I did that yesterday the emails stopped... until about 5 minutes ago I just got another from 5/17.  I am going to delete all 5/17 recordings from my library.  Maybe if they are no longer there the system will have nothing to report?

TCordes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have Arlo Pro cameras.  Same problem.  Multiple recurring e-mails for same 2 events on 5/17/19.  I had a ton of recordings from that day as I am selling my house, but the emails are consistently about the same 2 recordings.

Also, yesterday afternoon, my cameras stopped recording & sending push notifications.  My boyfriend arrived before I got  home.  Not one notification or recording of him coming through front door, walking through living room and back yard.

Wondering if they are having server related issues.  If that is the case, it would be considerate of them to send an email to users notifying of the problem.  Definitely concerned about my investment in Arlo.