Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Brian-442
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had to sign up for a new account and now can not connect my ipad to the system.

no matter how many times I try it fails to recognize….. all three green leds are lit up on the base station.. anyone know what the reason might be thanks

18 REPLIES 18
Brian-442
Aspirant
Aspirant

New iPad and different email with new account….. my old iPad quit working and I could not remember the password or the email I used with the old account….. that’s why I sign up for a new one….. hope this helps…. Thanks again to anyone who might know how too fix this issue for mr

Dannybear
Master
Master
It might be quicker to get the old iPad working, will it work with external power? I.e. just a dead battery?
Do you have access to the app on a phone?
Brian-442
Aspirant
Aspirant

No it was dropped down down several deck stairs….. and cracked screen! And started smoking…..  i don’t know what my password or name or what the email address was to try to retrieve it….. as it was ~ 5 plus years ago when I originally set it up!

Dannybear
Master
Master
Regards the iPad, was it backup to the cloud, you may be able to recover your Apple account to your new iPad to get your arlo credentials.
If not then do you still have access to your email account, you may be able to use a pc with a browser to reset the password to get you past the 2FA for the new iPad.
Brian-442
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I might add arlo’s tech support is horrible! This chat crap with a non human AI computer is frustrating and worthless!  If I can’t get this resolved and have to buy a new system…..  it won’t be Arlo!  I’ve spent hours trying to get this fixed!  IMHO if I could speak with an actual human I bet this could be fixed in minutes!

I’m already looking at a new system by Eufy!

arlo needs to wake up and take care of their current customer base! IMHO it’s All about greed….. but they better realize that they aren’t the only player! 

Dannybear
Master
Master
If you have a subscription plan active you should be able to call arlo support, not sure how since you don’t have your account credentials.
The equipment model and serial number details would be handy to have with you when talking to them about your email login.

Going to another brand would give satisfaction but I wonder if it would give any advantage since they all compete for the same dollars at some point.

Arlo does make you invest in the equipment initially and then draws you in further with low subscription costs for basic features with unlimited support options, something that legacy equipment owners now need to pay further to have although this is mentioned in the fine print.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brian-442 wrote:

New iPad and different email with new account….. my old iPad quit working and I could not remember the password or the email I used with the old account….. that’s why I sign up for a new one….. hope this helps…. 

Just to clarify:  Everything was working with the old account.  But you no longer remembered the credentials, so you created a new one.

I am thinking that you must still have the base and cameras in to the old account you can no longer access.  Is that correct?

If so, I think that explains why you can't on-board the devices to the new account.  @JamesC might be able to assist, though I think this would be easier if you remembered the old email address.

Brian-442
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m thinking you have the answer to my issue.  The question is how can I correct it. 
Any ideas?

Brian-442
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks to all here!  Hope James see this and responds to it!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brian-442,

I don't see any mention that you've factory reset your base station and set up as if new on the new account. Let's start there:

How can I factory reset my Arlo SmartHub or Base Station?

After the reset is complete, attempt to claim it on the new account and sync cameras.

JamesC

Brian-442
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried this half dozen times…..  I have all three green leds displayed.  When I go to add devices and click on the connect smart hub that it will try to find for ~1 minute and then comes up failed to connect…… try again….which I do with the same results 

thanks again to all here trying to help me fix this issue 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

3 green LEDs means you didn't actually reset the base - you have to hold the button until the LEDs start flashing amber, >10 seconds. You also need to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices to be able to start fresh.

Brian-442
Aspirant
Aspirant

To clarify, I reset the box and have all three green leds after it went from amber, then to green. Took about 1/2 minute. Thanks again for those trying to help me fix this!

Brian-442
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem comes when I click on add device… add smart hub/base…… it try’s to find it for several minutes then says can’t find to connect….. try again…..

Dannybear
Master
Master
If the base station has been factory reset,
( holding the reset function using a paper clip through the reset hole at the back until the LEDs start flashing) it should reboot to show the camera LED as yellow.
Brian-442
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes this is what happens so I know it has been reset….. but I still cannot add the base station……. It tries but after ~2 minutes or so it comes failed to connect…. Try again!

Dannybear
Master
Master
As was outlined by @JamesC earlier, if the equipment has not been removed from the previous account it cannot be claimed by another account. (Security feature)

You will need to contact arlo support to have this restriction removed.

If you have access to the original email account this would at least get you to the password reset feature to get you logged in.
Brian-442
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t have access to that account…… arlo unfortunately dropped their live tech service