Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bader1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have got six Arlo pro wire-free camera, l set up 5 camera but number 6 camera gave an amber blinking light.
What is the problem?
10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you are on the Basic Level ( free ) of service...Only 5 cameras are allowed.

If not, pull battery to reset camera, attempt again and use only a quick push on the base sync button

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bader1
Aspirant
Aspirant
How can I use the remaining camera?
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Did you buy the 6 camera package? If so, you're allowed 6 cameras. Try again following what @TomMac said.

If you didn't buy the 6 camera pack you're only allowed 5 on the free plan. To add more than 5 you have to pay a monthly or yearly fee.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/subscription-plans.aspx

Bader1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought six cameras package ( they are together in one box) but I could not set up one camera while five cameras are already set. I don't why?
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Did you try pulling the battery on the 6th camera, wait a few seconds, put it back in, and try to sync again?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you be more specific about the inability to use the 6th camera? Is it that it doesn't sync or that it syncs but you can't use it? The 6 camera sets are special sets and you have to use the specific code/SKU when first installing to gain access to all 6.

Bader1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Should I pay for service in this case?
Bader1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank u all
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

You shouldn't have to pay since you bought the 6 camera set. If you used the correct code to be allowed to use 6 and you can't get that 6th one working you might want to open a case with support and see if they can sort it out for you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just an FYI, since you already have the system set up, you may have an issue if you didn't select the proper system. As I understand it, you'd have to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices in the current account and then use a second email address to correctly set up the system so all cameras can be used. I may well be wrong on this but at the very least you need to start fresh after removing all devices. Of course, this is for the 6 camera systems.