Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro offline when setting Geofencing mode

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BBLeman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

I bought yesterday an Arlo pro, did the setup successfully from the Arlo Mobile app whilst on my wifi network. Everything went ok. I use a Samsung Galaxy A3 (SM-A410F), android 6.0.1
This morning, when still in the house, i set the mode to Disarmed. I then left the property.
When leaving the geofenced radius, I opened the mobile app to switch to geofencing mode. From then on, the base station appears offline, i cannot interact with it anymore even if I have internet access through 4G on my mobile. Needless to say the system is therefore useless.

Many thanks for your help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you do anything in the app, such as switch out of GF to, say, Armed?  In Settings, My Devices, your base, can you restart the base?  If not, you'll likely need to power cycle the base.

Check your firmware versions against those in the Release Notes section here to make sure you're up to date.  Old firmware can do weird things.  Also, try a browser to see if that makes any difference.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you do anything in the app, such as switch out of GF to, say, Armed?  In Settings, My Devices, your base, can you restart the base?  If not, you'll likely need to power cycle the base.

Check your firmware versions against those in the Release Notes section here to make sure you're up to date.  Old firmware can do weird things.  Also, try a browser to see if that makes any difference.

BBLeman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Many thanks jguerdat, spot on!
Cheers