Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Several questions about Arlo and Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
heavybrain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello! Soon I would like to purchase cameras for the office. There were a few questions about this:
1) Than an arlo about better usual arlo? How many megapixels are in these cameras? I know that the recharge batteries have been added to the arlo pro. How much do they hold the charge and how many hold the charge in usual arlo?
2) In my city there are severe climatic conditions. Will the camera withstand winter -30, and summer +45? The specifications indicate very similar figures.
3) There is no WIFI in my office. Is it possible to manage only with a Lan port? For cameras do not need wireless Internet?
4) What is the radius of the base station?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) These cameras are (arlo and Pro ) are both 720 rez cameras... A snap shot is about 100k but the video is about 1MB per ten secs

1a) both with rechargeable batteries run about 3 months ( more usage less life ) the OEM singla use batteries on Arlo for me run almost 4 months ( many exceed this usage during set up so first time may be 1/2 )

2) The Pro has a low temp shut off at -4F while Arlo does not auto shut off,  but rated to  14F,

HIGH:  the Arlo is rated to 122F and the PRO to 113F

Tho i have run anAro at -10F without issue

3) Arlo and Arlo PRO do not use wifi, but connect only to the base units ( base requires an etherent port on your router to function )

4) max distance in idea conditon, clear line of sight 300ft, max normal usage with buildings/ walls/ etc is about 150ft depanding on what signal has to pass thru ...just like normal wifi  ( offices with aluminum 2x4s in walls can make it much less )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) These cameras are (arlo and Pro ) are both 720 rez cameras... A snap shot is about 100k but the video is about 1MB per ten secs

1a) both with rechargeable batteries run about 3 months ( more usage less life ) the OEM singla use batteries on Arlo for me run almost 4 months ( many exceed this usage during set up so first time may be 1/2 )

2) The Pro has a low temp shut off at -4F while Arlo does not auto shut off,  but rated to  14F,

HIGH:  the Arlo is rated to 122F and the PRO to 113F

Tho i have run anAro at -10F without issue

3) Arlo and Arlo PRO do not use wifi, but connect only to the base units ( base requires an etherent port on your router to function )

4) max distance in idea conditon, clear line of sight 300ft, max normal usage with buildings/ walls/ etc is about 150ft depanding on what signal has to pass thru ...just like normal wifi  ( offices with aluminum 2x4s in walls can make it much less )

Morse is faster than texting!
heavybrain
Aspirant
Aspirant

ok, thank you