Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Susiec10
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are not recording motion. They will record picture when their is sound, such as car backing into drive way, but won’t record a person at the door. I’ve restarted the system and checked power, they all work live but not armed?

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Do the rules definitely still say that the cameras should be triggered by motion as well as sound? In the web interface, is the "running man" icon outlined in black or grey? Have you tried other modes?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, have you read the FAQs here about camera positioning and setting sensitivity? Cars generate and reflect a lot of IR that people simply don't.

Susiec10
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 cameras on, one at the front door and the other on the drive way. Both have been there for a month. I have them set at 100% sensitivity motion and audio sensitivity. They were both working fine until a week ago. 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I had a camera freeze up once where it wouldn't pick up motion, but would live view. I had to remove the battery from the camera and reinsert to get it working again. Give that a try if you haven't already.