Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro newcomer qestions - wifi free router

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
samscamera
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm interested in getting my first Arlo Pro but I have 1 major issue - I use a 4G box instead of a router and therefore do not have an ethernet connection. This means I can't connect the hub.

I'm going to try use a wifi extender to convert the wifi signal into an ethernet output but as the 4G box doesn't have a WPS button this may be impossible. Another option is to buy a Mi-Fi box with an ethernet output but these are expensive.

Can anyone think of a workaround for this problem? 

I've just downloaded the arlo app and at the bottom of the Arlo product set-up list is 'Arlo Wire-free with Mobile Router' - is anyone awae of what this is?

Lastly, is it possible to control the delay between motioned being detected and the alarm setting off? And can the length of time the alarm sounds for be limited?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
samscamera
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - I'll give either one of these solutions a go and get back to you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You should be able to connect your device to the wifi extender and then use that to configure the extender to connect to your 4G router's wifi.
Not sure about the Connect to Mobile Router setting. Would be interested to find out. Perhaps @JamesC might know more about this option
No delay that I know of

GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You would connect it to the base station.

samscamera
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - I'll give either one of these solutions a go and get back to you!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

BTW, with any WiFi extender you should be able to connect it to your WiFi without the use of WPS.  There should be instructions with the extender as to how to do this which essentially means you would connect the the extender's WiFi signal, configure it and then connect back to your usual WiFi.