Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two base stations, seven cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
blkmrkt
Follower
Follower

Can I link two base stations with cameras attached to each from the same network (and subnet etc) and see more than five cameras in the app without buying more licenses?

I had a Arlo Pro base station with four cameras attached and use my iPhone to monitor their activity and view what they've recorded. There were some spots i also wanted covered and where I did not get a strong signal from the original base station so i purchased another base station with 3 cameras.

I understood that the camera limit for one base station without buying additional licenses was 5. I presumed when I purchased another base station that I would then be licensed for another 5. I have looked through these boards and have not found an answer to what I am trying to solve.

The app seems incapable of showing all seven cameras by linking the two base stations. Despite having two it will not show anything past the five cameras (the second base is set up) I don't intend on purchasing more camera lisences. The two base stations will have to run independently if the app is restricted in this way. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes but...

You would need two systems, each with a base station.  For the second system, set it up using a second email address for the account.  When configured, use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first.  When the invitation steps are completed, you'll be able to see all 10 cameras within one login.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes but...

You would need two systems, each with a base station.  For the second system, set it up using a second email address for the account.  When configured, use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first.  When the invitation steps are completed, you'll be able to see all 10 cameras within one login.